Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Just scoping out my next '60

Views : 1231

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 13th, 2019, 11:35   #1
TobyAnscombe

Default Just scoping out my next '60

Hi All,

Its that time again - time for my 4th XC60 as the lease is up on the current one.

All 3 previous have been lease/PCP, all bar the last one have been R-Design D5's with the current one being a R-Design D4 with Polestar. All have been diesels..

Any thoughts on the B/D split? Petrol vs Diesels? I know that we will probably pick the Momentum Pro up as it seems to have the best "bang per buck" in terms of features vs price.

Cant say that I'm fussed by the Active Chassis with the R-Design Pro and the delta between the Momentum Pro and R-Design doesn't seem to be worth the cash and there are several things in the Momentum Pro that I would actively want to get (active lights, power driver seat, keyless etc)

Anyone just bought or wished that they had bought that wants to pass on a real-world view?

I've reached out to the usual places (CarWow, DTD) etc - anywhere else to look?
TobyAnscombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 12:45   #2
xsaab
Master Member

I had an Inscription XC60 and I found the wallowing ride unacceptable hence my rapid (and expensive) swap to the R-Design Pro which so far is a far nicer ride.
xsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xsaab For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 13:30   #3
PhilipT5

I've had my R-Design T5 for 3 weeks now and loving it, still even finding new things most times I head out in it.

I didn't spec too much extra, but I would say the HUD is amazing (I know that's a marmite option!) and the HK sound system is brilliant too.

The Android Auto was probably not a necessity as the Sensus Nav seems great so far, plus you get the directions in the HUD and driver display.

I think the only option I may regret not going for is the pilot assist, used it other cars and is very good to take a lot of the strain away.
I know lots talk about the 360 camera, but having been in several multi storey car parks now, the standard sensors and rear camera are fine for me.
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 13:41   #4
TobyAnscombe

Interesting - Is the Momentum that much softer in terms of ride? Never tried one, just assumed that the R-Design is cosmetic rather than actual... might have to actually go to my dealer (who, TBH has done nothing for the last 3 cars so that's probably worth a change given how competitive the market is these days).

I'm hoping for Apple CarPlay (fanboy) and seen it working in a VW - looks excellent for what I would need it for.

HUD vs Heated screen - I'm slightly coming down on the heated screen but that could just be the time of year..

Isn't the auto-park stuff a bit gimmicky? I mean, how often do you use it (assuming its parallel rather than reverse into a space).

The thing that I really missed (and didn't think that I would) on the current car is the auto-lights on full beam (I live in the sticks) and auto-cruise (for example, our holiday this year was 2,500Miles from Essex to Venice and back via Germany. It was really noticeable and the inability for (obviously others...) to keep to a constant speed just meant constant up/down shifts on the steering wheel rather than being relaxed. Also this was my first auto so would have had the ability in a queue to just not worry about stuff...
TobyAnscombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 14:36   #5
Sandj

We like the 360 camera, wouldn't be without it, but I take my mother to frequent hospital appointments and have to navigate the car park. Love apple car play and Blis. I think now to get blis you have to have pilot assist which I wasn't fussed about however I'd have it to get Blis.
Sandj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandj For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 16:21   #6
PhilipT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandj View Post
We like the 360 camera, wouldn't be without it, but I take my mother to frequent hospital appointments and have to navigate the car park. Love apple car play and Blis. I think now to get blis you have to have pilot assist which I wasn't fussed about however I'd have it to get Blis.
Totally forgot about BLIS, another great option, think it was £500.

The R-Design comes with the auto high beam assistant too as standard, very useful and you can change the tolerance on it to.
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 18:25   #7
techwatcher
Master Member

Some thoughts:

1. CarPlay on XC60 does not utilise the whole screen in the Volvo implementation - it uses the bottom half of the screen only.
2. I have the heated screen - works well but only useful for a few months a year.
3. The auto-park stuff is a great party trick - BTW it WILL reverse into a space as well as parallel park, but it's just a bit too slow and a bit of a faff. Not used it at all on my latest XC60.
4. You can get auto-lights on full beam and adaptive cruise control.

Best feature? Undoubtedly the 360 degree camera. It's a large car and it lets you know where the four corners are to a good degree of accuracy. I wouldn't be without it.
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 18:54   #8
xsaab
Master Member

Re R Design Pro vs Inscription ride

We have now used the R Design on a road that caused Inscription passengers to be very unhappy, my wife was most impressed with the R Design Pro so the very extravagant upgrade has now been fully justified.

As for headup display - now getting used to it - very good. I hope that I do not have many cold mornings to start driving in. However as I have remote start I can have the car warming up while I prepare to drive.
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 20:34   #9
Wizzpop
Master Member

Good to hear. Guess Cambridge Garage is your dealer.
btw is it really a 2010 XC60?
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 20:37   #10
xsaab
Master Member

Yes Cambridge Garage and I have an error in my sig - so will change that to 2020 XC60