Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

bkv volvo convoy

Views : 2437

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 19:01   #1
samuels28

Smile bkv volvo convoy

Hi went to the bkv last year, enjoyed it a lot chatting and see all the nice volvo's from all era's. So this year will be going again.*I'll be driving from northampton so I was wondering if it would possible to organize a CONVOY of VOLVO'S to the show. Any suggestions of a starting point (thinking of maybe a service station on M1 on the way)samuel volvo c70 2003

Last edited by samuels28; Mar 2nd, 2009 at 21:51.
samuels28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 18:48   #2
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

I wouldn't do that through nottinghamshire if I were you... You'll find yourself on the wrong side of the law...

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 21:18   #3
samuels28

don't think their are that many volvo street racer's (may be wrong)been too nottingham when i was young had fun driving round the circuit in town
samuels28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 02:58   #4
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

No joke...you can be done for that now. Convoys of more than 3 cars are officially banned in Notts! Of course I think you're safe enough as long as you're not in a Corsa with neons...

We'll be convoying from Lincoln, but I doubt our paths are going to cross, sadly.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 16:48   #5
1stRaven
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
No joke...you can be done for that now. Convoys of more than 3 cars are officially banned in Notts! Of course I think you're safe enough as long as you're not in a Corsa with neons...

We'll be convoying from Lincoln, but I doubt our paths are going to cross, sadly.

cheers

James
We best go around nottingham then. My car is hardly quiet.
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 17:35   #6
t5pete
The three volvo's

Hello what is bkv and where is it held at
t5pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 17:54   #7
Steve and his 244
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pete View Post
Hello what is bkv and where is it held at
BKV is the national volvo owners club show (Best Kept Volvo). This year it is going to be at Thoresby hall sometime around mid June...not sure of the exact date.

Steve
2003 titanium grey V70R auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by john h
That Steve is a very bad influence.
Steve and his 244 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve and his 244 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 18:20   #8
Laney760
VOC Member

The Nottingham convoy law is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard - what about funeral convoys, are they going to arrest the hearse and corpse?? If you can proved that they are not stopping funeral convoys but stop a Volvo convoy perhaps you could do them for discrimination in our politically correct gone mad country, lol

Just found this on the net "The County Court of Nottingham, England has decreed that Thou Shalt Not Congregate With Thine Automobiles. Or something like that. The authorities wanted to halt bad drivers and the ferocious noise of fast car owners racing through the streets, and found it easiest to simply ban any kind of gathering. From now until June 2009, the county forbids >”five or more motor vehicles from congregating together, driving in convoy or racing each other on the highway.” If they catch you in convoy, you’ll be fined and spend two years in the tower, or whatever they use for jails in Nottingham. The police will be watching the county’s closed-circuit TVs to make sure the law isn’t flouted, and as an example, they impounded a motorcycle that three kids were taking turns riding.

>Is there no Robin Hood among the people who will rise up against the evil Sheriff of Nottingham? If not, we suppose we could lend you Kevin Costner, but we want him back at the end of the month for a Field of Dreams sequel"

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL

Last edited by Laney760; Mar 27th, 2009 at 18:22.
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 12:04   #9
93240se
VOC Member 3801

Thumbs up bkv convoy

Sorry Laney, not quite the case as posted on this site. They have'nt banned any type of convoy.

Here in Notts we have had serious problems with boy racers in two particular areas, M1 J27 and city centre. An injunction was taken out to prevent trouble.

Just spoke to Notts police, who confirm no problems with convoys driving sensibly, good to hear as I am involved with a place that regularly holds meetings of different car clubs. In fact May 10th there is a Transport Rally at Nottingham Transport Heritage Centre, with half price admission for Volvo drivers & passengers (shameless early plug ! ) more details later.

The wording is "Nottinghamshire County Council and Nottinghamshire Police have worked in partnership to obtain an injunction that prevents "five or more motor vehicles from congregating together, driving in convoy or racing each other on the highway who by their conduct make excessive noise, cause danger to road users or risk injury or risk damage to property".

So no problem for most people.

Regards, Richard VOC 3801.

Last edited by 93240se; Mar 30th, 2009 at 12:07.
93240se is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 13:14   #10
t5pete
The three volvo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and his 244 View Post
BKV is the national volvo owners club show (Best Kept Volvo). This year it is going to be at Thoresby hall sometime around mid June...not sure of the exact date.

Steve
Cheers steve thats no far away at all from me i will be deffinatly going
pete