Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo v50 misfiring

Views : 823

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 18th, 2018, 22:14   #11
PeteChappers

Phoned my volvo dealer and got put through to there mechanic's and in a word they dont think its worth me taking it to them as it will cost me around 500+ quid just to run the diagnostics potentially.

They did recommend a garage how ever, which is the garage im already using...

So iv been back in touch with them where they are going to have another look at it. I have explained that basically i cant understand why it would misfire when all the original fault was the DPF etc.

one thing the Volvo dealer said was he has never in all the years hes worked there seen a internal cam chain go out of sync. he did say check the ADM fluid? but when i mentioned that the original garage said they have checked it.

So im going to get a vida+dice and try to fix it my self, then get them to look at it after Christmas if it still doesnt work i will sadly scrap/part x... what ever...

I noticed some strange things yesterday playing around when i Increase the RPM from idle slow every thing is sweet untill the 3100rpm mark where it starts to misfire then when i start lowering the rpm back down again slowly its start misfiring ( but not as bad ) at the 1800rpm mark... go to idle and back up to 1800 its fine back up to 3100 where is misfires then back to 1800 it misfires again so on and so forth.

So i was wondering could it be a Turbo, mass air sensors or vacuum fault?
If i remove the mass air sensor should the engine stop or go in to limp?
I have already removed and cleaned the EGR valve which seems to be fine.
Some 1 had mentioned removing an injector putting it in a cup and turn the engine over and see if it squirts fuel in to the cup and work my way through all the injectors, will that work?
any other random thoughts or tips you could throw at me?

Thanks

Last edited by PeteChappers; Dec 18th, 2018 at 22:21.
PeteChappers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2018, 22:59   #12
PeteChappers

Just checked my Cars ECU.

I do have:

ADM-E010: Power supply control module. signal too low. (The volvo dealer had mentioned checking the ADM fluid, but maybe its this?)
and
ECM-1320 Mass air flow (MAF) Sensor ( which is what the guy in college mentioned today)

WOuld these cause misfiring?
im going to try and solve them this week any ways and see what happens.
PeteChappers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2018, 21:21   #13
andy_d
Premier Member

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=289788

Pete any use ?