Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V70R advice

Views : 4028

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 12th, 2013, 13:47   #1
c5tto

Default Volvo V70R advice

Hi
Just joined up to this site,

im looking for a bit of advice on a car i have been offered, that im very tempted to buy, its a 2004 54 Volvo V70r , which looks really nice and has done 95k with service history,

is there anything to look out for in particular, it is coming up alarm service on the dash (is this an expensive fix) apart from that the car seems really nice

and i know it depends on a lot but roughly what sort of price would i expect to pay for the car, it is only mot'd until october so bearing that in mind

Thanks
c5tto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 16:43   #2
rudi dudi
DPF free.FCUK Greta he he

Great cars I've got one.. Leave well alone unless you've got deep pockets though... Budget a minimium of £ 1000 if anything goes wrong
Eg Shock absorber , headlamp, any control unit etc..
Mines been fairly reliable just a very complex car and most things are dealer jobs .

If your into tinkering with cars on the drive not the best choice.
rudi dudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 18:29   #3
c5tto

Ok thanks, seems a nice car just wondered on price, is £5000 a bit high for a 54 plate with 95k and a short mot?

Thanks
c5tto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 18:44   #4
coughlanc

'Alarm system service required' message is normally caused by a failed alarm siren unit mounted under one of the front wings. It's actually one of the cheaper fixes. Parts can be had around £130.
coughlanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 18:45   #5
don kalmar union
Trader

Default 'R' problems.

You should also add the fragile angle gear into the equation which is a £1500 plus job if it has not already been undertaken.....also the fragility of the block if you are considering raising engine outputs.

Might well be worth your while registering at www.t5d5.org where many hands-on owners of these models hang out.

Best regards, Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2023, 22:01   #6
Volvov70chick

Hello guys I'm new here, I am needing some advice I have a V70 petrol 1998. I was given it by my brother I am having a few issues. I have got a slight misfire when driving I have changed spark plugs but still doing it. Also when I am driving with lights on they go completely off and then back on after few seconds. Anyone got any idea what these problems could be. I really like the car so I would like to sort these probs and then i will be happy. Any help is gratefully received.
Volvov70chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2023, 11:17   #7
Gen_Billy

Try some injection cleaner - it sorted out my minor misfire.

If its lights going off - replace the alternator which isnt producing charge /battery issues.
Gen_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2023, 17:02   #8
Simmy
Premier Member

try running the car in total darkness to look for any tracking or shorts on the plug leads have you used genuine volvo plugs or ngk as a second option volvos can be picky with cheap plugs .
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote