Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 (D4) 181 R Design Lux, Nav thoughts

Views : 2793

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 11th, 2014, 22:13   #21
andymcp
Premier Member

Towball mount for us - it makes for much easier loading as you slot the bike into the groove and it's done. With hitch ones you can spend ages finding a position that loads the bike around the rubber moulds while also feeding the bars through the frame in the right way and keeping pedals and handlebars in alignment. On the towball, once the bike is on you feed the securing arms to whichever bit of each frame is most accessible, so it works for all varieties of bike frames and combinations of which-one-where.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 22:19   #22
inego

Thanks, that was pretty much my thinking on the issue. I bought a rear hatch mounted rack a few years ago, which I gave up on for the roof brackets, which were so much simpler, even with the lifting.
inego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 08:41   #23
jukkha156

Hi guys,

Just an update, wanted to thank you all again for your feedback.

Have placed the order for the A6 Avant Ultra Black Edition in Daytona grey.

It is a brand new 190 bhp 2.0 tdi engine (similar to the new Volvo D4 one, low emmisions, powerful etc), although the Volvo one does seems better.

Test drove both Audi saloon, avant and the E Class Merc. (Volvo dealer didn't come back to us re, test drive etc).

Ruled out the E class in the end and decided on the Avant. It fits in with the 2 babies needs and has good presence. Also the s-tronic box, be nice to be driving automatic for a change

Volvo XC60, would have been our first choice, but delivery is looking too long (and as dealer didn't get back to us, never got to try the double pushchair in the back).

Anyway hope to have made a decent decision and it is only for 2 years anyway so may try for XC60 (a new shape?) after then!

thanks again.
jukkha156 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jukkha156 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 08:58   #24
Flux
Premier Member

Sounds like a pretty good choice overall.

Shame the Volvo people never got back to you though, but like you say, the wait would probably have been long. Believe they still haven't confirmed dates for the new MY15 yet despite taking orders for the last month or so.

Think you would also have struggled to test the new D4 FWD engine as there don't appear to be any available to test.

Think the Audi's have brake recuperation which the Volvo doesn't have so a nice bit of additional technology which will help with fuel efficiency.

Good luck with your order.

Last edited by Flux; Mar 21st, 2014 at 09:02.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 09:01   #25
jukkha156

Thanks Flux,

I am loving the details of your specced on order XC60. Will check these forums, can't wait to see it.
jukkha156 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jukkha156 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 09:17   #26
Flux
Premier Member

Thanks,

It is supposed to be arriving at the dealer any time now as the 'official delivery date' is tomorrow (a week or two less than a 5 month wait).

From engine spec on paper for your Audi, I think it sounds every bit as good as the Volvo so am sure you will enjoy it.
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 09:31   #27
Considered1
Premier Member

Flux has a great spec

I do think we should name and shame Dealers that dont return calls for the benefit of all - People need to know where to go and get some proper service when they are speccing a c£40k motor..
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 21st, 2014, 13:24   #28
watchboy

The Audi sounds like a very nice specification!!! I bet it will look amazing.

Shame that the Volvo dealer didn't get back to you, their loss I guess but a fairly significant one given the price bracket of the car.

Hope you enjoy the Audi and like you I can't wait to see what Flux's views are on his soon to arrive beast :-)

Paul
watchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to watchboy For This Useful Post: