Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dynaudio speakers for C70 convertible

Views : 6154

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 30th, 2012, 23:09   #1
buctootim

Default Dynaudio speakers for C70 convertible

I am retrofitting the prologic sound system into my 2004 C70 and looking for any dynaudio speakers. Ideally a full set but even 1 would help.

Can do full cash or swap my existing Volvo speakers - all working and excellent - plus cash.

Thanks
buctootim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:53   #2
frazz
Master Member

Smile

Is that the ones with 'red' sleeving next to the connector??
frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 23:46   #3
buctootim

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazz View Post
Is that the ones with 'red' sleeving next to the connector??
Not that I know of. The best way to tell is the sticker saying 'Dynaudio ' on them
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 11:08   #4
frazz
Master Member

Smile

Hi again, don't know what you mean! i have a fascia with the DPL speaker waiting to be fitted to my car nd a cannot find any stickers on it saying Dynaudio at all? outside there is a 97 V70 'R' model which has all the speakers in it (door cards are removed) so i will take a speaker off and look! it has the SC900 fitted so i would think that they are the speakers your after? would pics help? cheers Fraser,,,
frazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 15:25   #5
buctootim

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazz View Post
Hi again, don't know what you mean! i have a fascia with the DPL speaker waiting to be fitted to my car nd a cannot find any stickers on it saying Dynaudio at all? outside there is a 97 V70 'R' model which has all the speakers in it (door cards are removed) so i will take a speaker off and look! it has the SC900 fitted so i would think that they are the speakers your after? would pics help? cheers Fraser,,,
Hi Fraser. Many thanks. Pics would help. These are the parts numbers of the speakers Im after - but I might be able to make V70 ones fit.

3533790 x 2 (front 1 inch tweeters)
3533792 x 2 (4 inch front mid range)
3533793 x 2 (front 8 inch bass)
3533871 x 2 (rear 1 inch tweeters)
3533794 x 2 (rear 6.5 inch mid bass)
8622158 x 1 (dolby pro logic centre speaker in charcoal gray)
3533797 x 2 (9 inch sub woofers that sit in the rear seat back rest (option on some cars)
9442852 x1 (cross over network for the sub woofers)

Thanks Tim
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 17:25   #6
SAS32

Hi,

I believe all C70's were fitted with Dynaudio speakers as standard from the factory as the system was designed in conjunction with Dynaudio to fit the C70, both mechanically, electrically and acoustically .

The only differences I'm aware of are:

Headunit type
Number of speakers
Amp power
Pro-logic or no pro-logic

I'm not sure about the number of speakers in the coupe but I've just replaced some of the blown speakers in my 01 C70 Convertible, which has 10 speakers, making this the standard basic system (no pro-logic, rear seat woofers or 4 x 100W amp) and they are all Dynaudio, although some have lost the sticky labels due to age but match side to side.

I just replaced them with speakers from a C70 coupe, which was being broken on Ebay and they are the exact same speakers.

Probably wouldn't stipulate that you want Dynaudio when you make an enquiry as that just bumps the price up when they hear that word but do stipulate that they must be C70 specific speakers. One breaker asked if wanted the speakers with the Dynaudio sticker, so I said no but I do want speakers from a C70 only, which I received at a much lower price. Exact same Dynaudio speakers as in my car, which have obviously lost the stickers over time! Turns out he was binning C70 speakers which didn't have the Dynaudio sticker, believing them to be some sort of rubbish.

Good info here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?7310/page1
SAS32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 22:42   #7
buctootim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS32 View Post
Hi,

I believe all C70's were fitted with Dynaudio speakers as standard from the factory as the system was designed in conjunction with Dynaudio to fit the C70, both mechanically, electrically and acoustically .

[/url]
Argh. Thanks. I thought you were wrong but have done some more research and think you may well be right. I will take my door card off tomorrow (or when it stops raining to have a look and check.

If I do have dynaudios already it just raises the question of why the sound is good but not great (I already have the big amp and SC901 head unit). The top end is quite harsh and complex music with lots of instruments playing just mashes into an indistinct mush. I had a JBL / Clarion system in a previous car - a Peugeot 406 which was much better. None of thr speakers appear to be blown.
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 19:29   #8
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

Sc901 has adjustable equaliser which can adjust the front and rear speakers separately. Can make quite a difference if you sit and mess with it for a while.

The eq has preset curves for different models but the last is called "custom" which lets you change various frequencies.

Also google Jim Rothe who has done a load of research into this already.

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2012, 22:53   #9
buctootim

Quote:
Originally Posted by acshortt5 View Post
Sc901 has adjustable equaliser which can adjust the front and rear speakers separately. Can make quite a difference if you sit and mess with it for a while.

The eq has preset curves for different models but the last is called "custom" which lets you change various frequencies.

Also google Jim Rothe who has done a load of research into this already.
Thanks! thats exactly what I discovered today. The headunit was running on the custom setup - with really poor settings. I put it back to the factory default and it sounds fantastic.

I bought the SC901 from somebody who was replacing it with an aftermarket headunit and I thought then it was a slightly oodd thing to do. I guess he inherited the weird custom setup too and never thought to try to change it.

Ive spent just £50 replacing the sc805 with the SC901 and it has made a huge difference in sound quality. Well well worth it for anybody out there with a C70.
Old Jul 5th, 2016, 12:25   #10
wazzo1

Default Dynaudio volvo part 3533793

Hi,
I've recently bought a lovely C70 collection as my fun car (regular driver is an XC90). Sadly teh fron subwoofers are broekn .... looks like previsou owner had roof open as they're shot.
Does anyone have spares to sell? Or any idea on where to get replacements?
I'd be very grateful .. s these will finsih the ar off!

Thanks

P
wazzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dynaudio, speakers