Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V90 Mud Flaps

Views : 5613

Replies : 43

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 26th, 2017, 20:11   #11
cassell
Member since 1988

Yes, I read the OEM fitting instructions PDF online and the plastic torx screw holder looked a bit fiddly so I replicated a similar idea, except I did mine all from the outside without having to fold the liner back.

It was a bit tight for space without removing the rear wheels, but with the aid of a short torx bit, ratchet ring spanner to turn it, and a flexible drill bit holder, it all went very easy.

The Chinese flaps actually came with a bag of new screws (pozidrive), washers and metal clips for the fourth screw to grip, but the original torx are reusable and my plastic clip idea worked a treat!

Just about to order a V90-specific polished stainless steel rear bumper protector from Germany with the money I saved on the flaps, again a big saving, OEM £95, German equivalent £45.
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 27th, 2017, 18:39   #12
Mr Timewise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassell View Post
I've resurrected this thread just to confirm that after checking via the Volvo accessories website that V90 and S90 mud flaps are the same, the S90 mud flaps from China do indeed fit the V90 too.
Thanks for the update. Since you had such an easy time with the mud flaps, I decided to order the same Chinese made set for my yet to be delivered V90. My car is now in port in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. I expect it will be at the dealer in a couple weeks.

Yipee!
Mr Timewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 00:41   #13
Boatie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassell View Post
Yes, I read the OEM fitting instructions PDF online and the plastic torx screw holder looked a bit fiddly so I replicated a similar idea, except I did mine all from the outside without having to fold the liner back.

It was a bit tight for space without removing the rear wheels, but with the aid of a short torx bit, ratchet ring spanner to turn it, and a flexible drill bit holder, it all went very easy.

The Chinese flaps actually came with a bag of new screws (pozidrive), washers and metal clips for the fourth screw to grip, but the original torx are reusable and my plastic clip idea worked a treat!

Just about to order a V90-specific polished stainless steel rear bumper protector from Germany with the money I saved on the flaps, again a big saving, OEM £95, German equivalent £45.

Could you point me in the direction of the bumper protector?

Many thanks

Frank
Boatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2017, 12:54   #14
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatie View Post
Could you point me in the direction of the bumper protector?

Many thanks

Frank
Here you are:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-bumpe...19.m1438.l2649

Paul
The Following User Says Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 29th, 2017, 17:25   #15
Wobbly

I think they blend well with Osmium.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E8076BE7-6293-4BF8-9E4D-0A3668B58B18.jpeg (216.5 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Wobbly; Oct 29th, 2017 at 17:27. Reason: Added pic
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wobbly For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 11th, 2017, 12:30   #16
Boatie
Master Member

My Chinese £53 mudflaps (complete with Volvo logo) arrived today. Offered them up to the car and they appear to fit perfectly. Every bit as good as the genuine Volvo ones I fitted on my V70.

Now, what shall I spend that £100 windfall on?

Frank
Boatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2017, 22:55   #17
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatie View Post
My Chinese £53 mudflaps (complete with Volvo logo) arrived today. Offered them up to the car and they appear to fit perfectly. Every bit as good as the genuine Volvo ones I fitted on my V70.

Now, what shall I spend that £100 windfall on?

Frank
I knew you'd be pleased!!

Paul
The Following User Says Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 17th, 2017, 12:58   #18
nu11eaf
Premier Member

I ordered some mudflaps from china for £27.88 a week ago, they arrived yesterday and look great, have not fitted them yet but tried them for size and look a perfect fit, came with new fitting screws.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-REAR...53.m2749.l2649
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2017, 18:24   #19
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Fitted my mudflaps today, 5 mins each, they fit perfect and look as good as genuine Volvo mudflaps, I used the same screws as I took out so a very easy three screws out 3 screws back in. Never had to take wheels of either as I used a small torx bit and a small socket set rachet, where it was a bit tight to get rachet on I used a small adjustable spanner to grip to torx bit and loosen the screw until I could turn it by hand.
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 14:55   #20
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Mudflap update:

If you are bothered by road noise (like I am) I would not recommend fitting these as the car was bad enough before but is even worse with these mudflaps fitted. Twice as bad. Think I will take these back off. They must act like sails and pick up road/wind noise that is channeled into the car from both front and rear.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Nov 18th, 2017 at 16:50.