Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 D3 2010 R-Design - PARKING BRAKE MODULE

Views : 989

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 25th, 2018, 14:53   #1
Red Snapper

Unhappy V70 D3 2010 R-Design - PARKING BRAKE MODULE

Has anyone had any issues with the following...

V70 D3 2010 R-Design - PARKING BRAKE MODULE

A while back I got the Parking Brake Service Required Message, and my Electronic Brake stuck on a couple of times.

I had a Diagnostics check - which was £80 to tell me what I already knew! But they said if I had it done with them, they would reduced the part and fitting price by the same amount.

I've just rang them up for a cost of the NEW Parking Brake Module and Labour etc - £322 (Including the £80 Diagnostics Check reduction). The cost of the small black plastic box that is needed is £200! Labour cost includes software and charge of re-coding it to my Car.

I've just rung Andrew Page and they don't stock these and they think I have to go through Volvo direct.

Anyone else had the same issue and have any advice please?

Is there not any cheaper way of doing this?

'You'll Never Walk Alone'
Red Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 14:16   #2
Dean Bryant

Default EPB Service required

Not sure if it is worth a try first but I had the same problem a few years ago at 250000 miles. Booked my car in at local Indy who said fault was showing as module. Went to collect my car and paid £399 incl labour then couldn't drive away as stuck on again. They said it was ok after fitting the replacement but perhaps its faulty and will order another. Whilst waiting for module I did some research online and found that the VW Passats had same system with same problem. A lot of the time it was the button/switch you use to activate the handbrake, went back to indy and asked them to fit new button first which came to £57. Now on 419000 and not had problem since. I did say to the Indy surely that means the original module wasn't faulty but they said it was and had disposed of it.
Dean Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epb, handbrake, parking brake module, pbs, v70 d3