Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Software update after service

Views : 4113

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 12th, 2020, 11:45   #11
Liandada

i called volvo west london today, they INSISTED the car has the latest update. The service representative put me on hold to speak to the workshop manager and he said it has been done. However they are ''happy'' to book me in to have a look at it on the 29th June. I did not have good experience with volvo west london in different occasions, before i purchased my XC60, i was going to purchase it from west london but they made me wait 45 mins for the sales guy when I have booked an appointment with them. The sales guy wasnt busy and claimed he didnt know I was there, but i clearly informed reception about my presence.

Then came this service booking, I booked through volvo website for a service date confirmed. On the day i never received any forms of communications from them despite i was told to expect a phone call. In the end the service booking ''didnt'' get through to their system so it was postponed.

And now the software update.....gosh!
Liandada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 11:51   #12
Whippy
Premier Member

What did you expect? Honestly? You've bought the car, possibly signed up for servicing, that's it, their interest in you is over. They're car dealers, that's what they do.
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 11:52   #13
Liandada

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoBurton View Post
I had the exact same issue with my car, the dealer insisted they had installed the software update so I raised it with Volvo UK and received the following response (needless to say the dealer swiftly apologised and pulled out all the stops to get the software updated):

“I can confirm that there was no software loaded to this car in October.

The last software download to this car was on the 19th of March of this year.

Only app updates were carried out in October.

No software was ordered after the 19th of march for this car so the dealer have not been truthful with the customer.

There are also no diagnostic readouts showing on the system after the 19th of March of this year which indicates that no attempt to load software was made.

The customer is correct in saying that the start/stop icon should be the latest version and the car should have the connected safety Icon in the menu also.

Hopefully this is of help.”

do you have the email i can use to get in touch with Volvo UK please?
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 12:07   #14
krzemien

I'm guessing it's CUSTCARE@volvocars.com.

Did you ask to speak to the service manager about it (assume it's still Mr McKenna who's 'in charge' there)?
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 14:53   #15
Liandada

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzemien View Post
I'm guessing it's CUSTCARE@volvocars.com.

Did you ask to speak to the service manager about it (assume it's still Mr McKenna who's 'in charge' there)?

Had an email back from Volvo uk:

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are not able to see on this side whether or not a software update has been carried out.

I would suggest contacting the team at West London who can provide you with some paperwork for the software update.

Not helpful at all…
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 15:20   #16
krzemien

I'm afraid you will have to get back to them and get it confirmed / sorted. Good luck!

As I wrote in another thread recently, I stopped using them last year having witnessed the quality of their work going tremendously downhill over the years - since 2014 to be exact.

The final straw in my case was incorrect (minor) service performed for the price of the major one (obviously) plus complete and utter inability to extend Volvo Assistance second year in a row - it's quite surprising that one can get this wrong as I have never experienced this problem anywhere else.

Add to this pushy attitude, rather rude customer representatives sitting at desks and complete lack of remorse - and I ultimately decided to take my custom elsewhere.
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 18:14   #17
NikoBurton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandada View Post
do you have the email i can use to get in touch with Volvo UK please?
I emailed custcare@volvocars.com

The initial response back is pasted below, but after giving my reg plate they did escalate to the tech team and got back to me as per previous post! Maybe go back to them and ask them to escalate to the teach team?
'
Thank you for your email,

'Unfortunately this is not something that we would know the answer to here in Customer Relations as we are not technically trained.

If you can provide us with your registration however we would be more than happy to investigate this further with our Central Technical Team.

Kind Regards'
NikoBurton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 16:58   #18
Phil Russell

I have an XC70 but as my daughter has just bought a V90 Cross Country I was browsing this area out of interest. The point about dealers and software downloads etc is fascinating, but my question:
Is it possible to get a printout or whatever of the records held by Volvo on a particular car and what has been done at service / warranty / recalls etc?

Would a main dealer print it out for you? Or maybe Volvo central?

Cheers, Phil
Phil Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2020, 09:02   #19
krzemien

Aforementioned dealer when asked about similar question during infamous and unnecessary fight whether to change aux belts & tensioner or not (they obviously claimed they had to be done, whereas they were not due at all) claimed they do not have visibility of car's past history if/when serviced by other dealers in the network.

Which I found rather strange but not pursued further as I do know rather well what's been done, when and where.

I would expect that Volvo Central would have this information nevertheless.
Old Jun 29th, 2020, 12:46   #20
Liandada

Right, just came back from the dealer today. The car was booked in this morning to have a look at the issue with the software update.
Volvo UK contacted Volvo west london on my behalf and it was confirmed my car had the latest update done a few days ago.

Nevertheless i went in this morning explaining that with the updated software i would see the updated stop start icon and connected safety. The service guy confirmed again the software was updated accordingly, and that maybe those new updates were not designed for my car.

Well they took the car in and 1 hr 30 mins later i got my car back with the new update, along with connected safety and updated stop start icon. The service guy said they did a 'total' update which I have no idea what that means and he couldnt explain why the update wasn't done on previous visit.

Also the overfill engine oil warning is now gone which again it wasnt resolved on previous visit. All in all today i have my update done, engine overfill solved and a stamp on my service book, which again they didnt bother to stamp it on last visit.

finally they are all sorted!
The Following User Says Thank You to Liandada For This Useful Post: