Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Swapping leather interior, as simple as it sounds?

Views : 646

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 23rd, 2019, 19:59   #1
clarkey1984
Premier Member

Default Swapping leather interior, as simple as it sounds?

Hi all, with the t4 coming back from the brink in a few weeks I'm keen to pinch the leather seats from the SE for it, is it just as simple as I think it might be in that everything just swaps over, or are there any particulars I need to watch out for, I vaguely remember something about seatbelt pre tensioners (aka fireworks) but I'm unsure if changing the seats from car to car will have any detrimental effects or not.

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 23rd, 2019, 21:20   #2
ITSv40
VOC Member

It is straightforward so long as you are not trying to fit phase1 seats into a phase 2 or vice-versa. The seat airbags are operated differently. Just disconnect the battery and drain the system and do not reconnect until all the connections are made. Both cars will need to have electric windows all round otherwise the door cards are different and both will need to have heated seats otherwise they will not work. Provided both cars have the same spec it is easy.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 24th, 2019, 11:08   #3
clarkey1984
Premier Member

Perfect, thanks, the electronic side isn't too much of a worry, the t4 hasn't got heated seats, but as the driver's side heated seat doesn't work in the SE anyway, and the passenger one only appears to heat up when it feels like it, I'm not that concerned about that, and no, the t4 has manual rear windows, so unless the t4 is pre wired for that I'll probably just leave the window side of things alone and not swap the door cards, I'll just do the seats themselves.
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 14:58   #4
George Holmer
VOC Member

I just did leather seats, four leather door cards and the rear windows to leccy conversion. I'd say I'm an average home mechanic. It is dead easy, all of if. Pretty sure all V/S40's are pre-wired for leccy windows. You need to replace the wiring in the driver door too, though.

Really worth it, I have to say. I did the leather wheel too, makes a big difference to the dirty old interior.
The Following User Says Thank You to George Holmer For This Useful Post: