Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY19 V60 with SRS Airbag Service Urgent error

Views : 920

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 14th, 2019, 14:33   #1
Puft

Default MY19 V60 with SRS Airbag Service Urgent error

I bought this as used Selekt a few weeks ago & within 24 hours had encountered the 'SRS Airbag Service Urgent - Drive to Workshop' warning. This pinged on 40-50% of the time on starting up.

A few days later, the cockpit had complete meltdown while driving in stop start traffic using Pilot assist - numerous warnings on, including Blind Spot Sensor service required, Park Assist System temporarily unavailable, ERS temporarily off and others. After a restart, these problems did not reappear but the SRS airbag warning persisted regularly.

Returned to dealer to investigate and strangely they could not replicate the error, even though for me it was showing around half the time I turned the car on. They said numerous error messages showed when they hooked up the computer which have now been cleared & they've performed a full software update and after some test drives all seems to be fixed.

I'm not convinced. Firstly, I thought one of the benefits of buying a Selekt was that they received a full SW upgrade prior to sale - give that was only 3 weeks ago I'm not sure how many patches could have been released in the meantime?!

I've made the mistake of googling this SRS issue and seems it quite common but difficult to solve. To me, doing a SW update when you haven't really identified root cause seems a bit wishy washy.

Hoping there is someone experienced on here who can put my mind at rest and confirm a SW upgrade will in fact have fixed this for good... and not just long enough for me to drive home

Thanks in advance.
Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2019, 14:47   #2
jasmith44
jasmith44

If it happens again take it back and give them the keys and tell them you don't want it as it is not fit for purpose.
Old Jun 14th, 2019, 14:48   #3
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Has/Had the car been sat in the dealers stock for a while before purchase ?
Low battery can cause all manner of warnings to pop-up. Normally clearing the codes down & a charge of the battery clears them never to return.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2019, 15:06   #4
Puft

I'm really not too sure how long it sat still - it's 10 months old. The one actual physical fault the dealer found was a clogged urea filter which apparently can be to do with a car being sat on the forecourt a while.

It's a lovely car and in the 24 hours of pain free driving I had before the errors started it was a pleasure. Unfortunately now my main emotion is worry that it's going to be a pup with recurrent & impossible to solve electrical faults.

I guess time will tell & hopefully sooner rather than later, if this problem does crop up again.
Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2019, 15:56   #5
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Hope your problem stays sorted. I suggest if you have any further problems with your car you post in the following sub forum. This is for the new SPA models, even though the V60 is not shown in the heading.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201
Old Jun 15th, 2019, 13:21   #6
Sphinx2000

If it happens again, and it's within 30 days of purchase, take a photo, then take back to the dealer and reject the car.
Old Jun 15th, 2019, 13:26   #7
Toprivetguns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx2000 View Post
If it happens again, and it's within 30 days of purchase, take a photo, then take back to the dealer and reject the car.
As per this quote. Agreed.
Toprivetguns is offline   Reply With Quote