Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fake T5?

Views : 7238

Replies : 92

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 17:53   #21
Blue 8
Premier Member

Just been having a butchers through an old Volvo book/brochure i have and that lists the GLT and the T5 as different models , not sure if that relevant or not

Ruby-red pearl 854 GLT 2.5 20v 62k.....Andy
Blue 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 17:53   #22
John_C
Allons-y!

Keith sounds like you've got a T5 as it's the only engine in the range with the 2319cc capacity as far as I know.

Don't read too much into the model description on the V5, that's just text provided by the car company from when it was registered and it is wrong more often than you'd think.

The seller tells me he's now removed the T5 reference from the sale.

Cheers,
John
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 17:59   #23
keithf
Tarmac Warrior

Location: Essex, spiritual home of the boy racer (back in blighty, hurrah!)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Keith sounds like you've got a T5 as it's the only engine in the range with the 2319cc capacity as far as I know.

Don't read too much into the model description on the V5, that's just text provided by the car company from when it was registered and it is wrong more often than you'd think.

The seller tells me he's now removed the T5 reference from the sale.

Cheers,
John
Thanks John, although i'm still a little worried as you said that the intercooler pipes run across/over the engine on ALL T5 models?? Mine doesn't but all looks factory?!

La Diablo Negra! :-1995 855 T5 (GLT Spec), manual, rica'd, green coolant filler cap!!
Women do not deserve equality, they are not equal................ they are far, far superior than us men!
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!
keithf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 18:03   #24
dooby
Forum Support Team

Yours does, it just only runs over the back right corner of it :-)

The picture you posted is the airbox pipe leading down to the turbo (accordian black plastic pipe) and the polished black S bend pipe is the compressed air coming back from the turbo ready to head down to the intercooler bottom connection. On early 850s, and on later cars (e.g. S60R, phase 2 V70s I think) the pipe from the turbo comes over the engine across its middle and enters the intercooler top connection.

HTH, Pete
Porsche/S60R BBK + XP8s, TD04HL-19T, 17"x8J Pegasus, THS intercooler, custom intake & RIP, Samco coolant, Koni/Nivo H&R, S60R manifold, TT-USB, Simota, IPD turbo back, IPD anti-roll bars & droplinks, IPD HT, MSD coil, Innovate LC-1, dimming mirror, Goodridge hoses, DOT5.1, V70 rear lights & handles, poly top bush & A arms & tie bar, strut brace, clear repeaters, 6k HID, catch tank, 2x rear brace

dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 18:27   #25
John_C
Allons-y!

Heh sorry if I caused any confusion Keith, I probably should just have posted a photie of a T5 engine so that you could compare it with yours, so now I have

Cheers,
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1697.jpg (167.4 KB, 55 views)
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John_C For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 18:40   #26
stuartvolvo
Trader

Default fake

hi guys, i emaild the seller this morning, and he did not reply to me, although he has now removed the T5 from the title, and is still asking for £850 for it which i think is rediculous.
regards
stuart

Volvo V70 T5 Estate - Strut Brace, Pollen Filter, Polly Mounts, Tinted Windows, Upgraded Discs, 17in Wheels, Stainless exhaust, Overhaulled turbo & wast gate, ecu remap, k&n filter, white injectors = 380+ bhp.
stuartvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 20:02   #27
cam
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 8 View Post
Just been having a butchers through an old Volvo book/brochure i have and that lists the GLT and the T5 as different models , not sure if that relevant or not
i have nothing written next to mine just volvo,850 but i think its an se
i could be wrong i could be right,cam. ps mine is not a turbo
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 20:20   #28
johnbaker

I'm confused now. My logbook shows my wheels as an 850 T5 GLT. I was under the impression that it was a T5 with the GLT trimmings. It's a 2.3 and is definitely a turbo as whenever I press that pedal on the right, it GLF's, the boost gauge goes one way and the petrol gauge goes the other!

In fact, I think the GLT should be renamed the GLF! I forward a motion!
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 20:21   #29
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Hi mine says Volvo 850 T-5 Auto on logbook and Mot as well
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 20:24   #30
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithf View Post
Sorry, this picture!
Attachment 13938
You can see that intercooler pipe on top there so I assume it is, if yours has got this then dont worry mate