Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Need a V50 T5!!!!

Views : 5424

Replies : 96

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 17th, 2020, 22:03   #81
oilit
All the gear - no idea

For what its worth, a low miles 3 owner facelifted C30 T5 went thru BCA this week and went well above the CAP guide and Glasses Retail!

I think the T5 is a desired motor.
oilit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 23:45   #82
Coundz

Hi I’m new to this forum and still haven’t worked out so I’m going to jump on this topic if I may. I’ve currently got an 08 v50 d5 r design. I’ve also been looking out for the v50 t5 but wondered will you actually feel much difference in power between them? Has somebody owned both that can comment? Or does someone own a t5 that can shed some advice . Thanks lads. Aaron
Coundz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 07:18   #83
Brimfull
V50 R-Design SE T5 baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilit View Post
For what its worth, a low miles 3 owner facelifted C30 T5 went thru BCA this week and went well above the CAP guide and Glasses Retail!

I think the T5 is a desired motor.
They are desirable but for me paying more than £5k for a 12-14 year old V50 is out of the question as for over £5k there are a whole host of better alternatives.

V50 T5 R-Design SE
Brimfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 07:27   #84
Brimfull
V50 R-Design SE T5 baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
Exactly this. I've bought a few cars at decent prices this way.

I'm struggling to believe demand is *that* high. As I think I mentioned earlier, (used) dealers were really struggling to sell them when my parents bought their 59-plate T5 in 2012.

I suspect with a bit of nerve-holding you could get that car for a decent price.

cheers

James
That's the plan, with the threat of an impending recession on its way, the demand for a gas guzzling T5 will drop.

V50 T5 R-Design SE
Brimfull is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brimfull For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 20:51   #85
M88JCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos01 View Post
Off topic M88JCP... your C30 sounds very well specced, and I didn't know you could get front PDC...?
Hi Markos, yeh other than the RTI system, which personally I think was just a waste of money, the car has pretty much everything and i love it

The only think it doesn't have which I wish it did, is the adaptive Xenon headlights!!

Re the front PDC, its the only C30 i've ever seen with it. Looking through the cars history, it was a genuine dealer fitted option for the first owner. It has the genuine volvo cut off switch next to the BLIS switch, it gives an audible warning through the front speakers, and comes up on the dash when engaged. Its not essential in such a small car but its really nice to have none the less
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (293.5 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by M88JCP; Nov 18th, 2020 at 20:58.
M88JCP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M88JCP For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 15:18   #86
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

On the sidenote of OP's post, can anyone shine some light on the situation of ROI cars being sold to UK? Is it even worth for buyer and seller because of tax etc? Also assuming that impending Brexit will somehow derail it even more?

asking (very quietly) as recent weeks made me to rethink a lot and I may be looking to sell it in UK at some point :/ Car was originally UK plate and VRTed in Ireland in 2005, will it make any sense to consider selling it abroad?

just freethinking here but there is no market in ROI for cars like that and trading it for scrap value or as scrappage deal would break my heart but in the same time if UK tax for foreign car is similar to VRT here its pointless in both directions..
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 11:32   #87
Markos01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
On the sidenote of OP's post, can anyone shine some light on the situation of ROI cars being sold to UK? Is it even worth for buyer and seller because of tax etc? Also assuming that impending Brexit will somehow derail it even more?

asking (very quietly) as recent weeks made me to rethink a lot and I may be looking to sell it in UK at some point :/ Car was originally UK plate and VRTed in Ireland in 2005, will it make any sense to consider selling it abroad?

just freethinking here but there is no market in ROI for cars like that and trading it for scrap value or as scrappage deal would break my heart but in the same time if UK tax for foreign car is similar to VRT here its pointless in both directions..
Bigger market for it for sure in the UK, but I don't know the taxes involved. Bought a car once from NI which didn't involve taxes, just took a while for the V5 to come through (and when it did it had magically lost one if it's former owners!)
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 11:49   #88
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos01 View Post
Bigger market for it for sure in the UK, but I don't know the taxes involved. Bought a car once from NI which didn't involve taxes, just took a while for the V5 to come through (and when it did it had magically lost one if it's former owners!)
Yea, atleast UK seem to appreciate special cars like this a bit more... Just had a look on Irish market, there are 2 D5s available , thats all. no 2.4i, no T5s, we are always getting poor-man-specs in this land :/
Old Nov 23rd, 2020, 20:43   #89
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

My understanding is that road tax for anything over 2.0 is painful in the RoI. My mate took his former A8 4.2 over there on holiday, and he said people were questioning how he could possibly afford to run it.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2020, 14:05   #90
Markos01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post

LoB, are you definitely sure you have to pay any tax to import a car from RoI to UK whilst the UK is still in the EU? If not, it's just how much to cross the Irish Sea on a ferry, plus travel costs for buyer to get over. Would imagine £200 might cover all that on a good day. Obviously it's more time for the buyer and they need to really want your car. Or a tall T5