Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 B5 (D) Polestar optimisation

Views : 3699

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2022, 15:54   #31
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocamper View Post
This is all very interesting and relevant to me as am considering having PS applied to my soon coming XC90 B5D. I have not felt need to change insurers in last 3 years and the memory fades but when I went with current insurer they asked about any modifications and I told them towbar, side steps. 360 cameras etc and their reply was ‘ as long as it was all supplied and fitted by the manufacturer/dealer prior to delivery new to me then it makes no difference to us’ or words to that effect.
Different insurers may see it differently of course and may be seen as different if we are first or 2/3rd owners I guess.
Interested to keep hearing PS owners experiences.
Yes I am following this thread as I want to get PS to mine D4.
As I was mentioning before if I knew this what I know now I will definitely call Volvo before I bought this car and received to do PS and sell it to me as V90 with polestar already added on.
That will at least give me premium with normal price not £230 more a year as on yesterday
Old Feb 1st, 2022, 16:08   #32
Ian0803

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudy85 View Post
Yes I am following this thread as I want to get PS to mine D4.
As I was mentioning before if I knew this what I know now I will definitely call Volvo before I bought this car and received to do PS and sell it to me as V90 with polestar already added on.
That will at least give me premium with normal price not £230 more a year as on yesterday
I would also check with your insurance company as well as clearly in my case with Aviva, a dealer added PS prior to registration of the car would still be considered as a modification and invalidate the insurance.
Ian0803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2022, 17:31   #33
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian0803 View Post
I would also check with your insurance company as well as clearly in my case with Aviva, a dealer added PS prior to registration of the car would still be considered as a modification and invalidate the insurance.
In that case it will be only one option. Wait until warranty has finished and go to one of my lovely garage that do proper remap and do D5 from D4 and then pay bigger premium.