Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I've collected my new V90 - major driver display issue

Views : 2447

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 3rd, 2021, 19:37   #11
AirCooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbourne one-nil View Post
I don't like the gear knob, but on the upside, when I ask to be directed to Appleby, I don't get a woman saying "searching music and radio, what would you like to listen to?".
Haha, my ex sensus V90, when asked 'Message to Katie' would usually reply 'Seat Heater Off'. Bizarre...
AirCooled is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AirCooled For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 3rd, 2021, 21:41   #12
osbourne one-nil

The car impressed my wife's friends who joined her for a lift to a Christmas meal out this evening.

Imagine my "delight" when they both got in with full glasses of prosecco. Luckily, being northerners, they necked it quickly.
Old Dec 4th, 2021, 10:12   #13
Dohnut

Will they be on the look out for the Volvo key when it goes in the bowl then?
Old Dec 4th, 2021, 13:39   #14
Mint Cake

Quote:

Imagine my "delight" when they both got in with full glasses of prosecco. Luckily, being northerners, they necked it quickly.
REAL Westmerians would have had BOTTLES of prosecco, then necked them quickly.
Mint Cake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mint Cake For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 4th, 2021, 22:15   #15
osbourne one-nil

The only bowl I interact with is the one on the end of my pipe. I thought all Volvo drivers were the same?!

As for the bottle...this was Penrith (and therefore Cumberlandians?) where they're all too poor for that much!
Old Dec 5th, 2021, 11:11   #16
Mint Cake

Quote:
The only bowl I interact with is the one on the end of my pipe. I thought all Volvo drivers were the same?!

As for the bottle...this was Penrith (and therefore Cumberlandians?) where they're all too poor for that much!
Cumberland - that explains things. Did your passengers manage to get in whilst you kept the car rolling - to make it harder for the toerags to remove your wheels ?

Only joking. Penrith is lovely. It goes back over 40 years, when I was told that "there be dragons over there". Over there being the towering Mountain Range that keeps Westmorland safe from the Cumberland hordes - aka Shap Fell
Mint Cake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mint Cake For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2021, 13:31   #17
osbourne one-nil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Cake View Post
Cumberland - that explains things. Did your passengers manage to get in whilst you kept the car rolling - to make it harder for the toerags to remove your wheels ?

Only joking. Penrith is lovely. It goes back over 40 years, when I was told that "there be dragons over there". Over there being the towering Mountain Range that keeps Westmorland safe from the Cumberland hordes - aka Shap Fell
The only wheels at risk around here are the ones that fit on tractors!

I only live 7 miles from Shap in a straight line. It's a scary thought.

Starting to get used to the car now...it's beautiful and the Google Assistant is such a massive leap from the previous software as it's all much more integrated. The mapping also allows things like the ability to see which exit to take off the upcoming roundabout rather than making you guess.