Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Accelerator pedal (AP) fault codes

Views : 35907

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 30th, 2021, 11:59   #31
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Hi all
Recently (first time ever) my car went into limp mode with "reduced engine performance" and upon OBD scan it came back with "Throttle pedal position sensor E circut Low input". Restarting the car immediately sorted the problem, but it came back 3 days later (again - only for split second, restarting the car sorted the issue and fault was showing as inacitive). But it made me to start looking for possible remedies and solutions, and thats where forum comes in handy, so its basically just "thanks for all possible solutions posted above, will try them all fitst before ordering new pedal " post.

My case could be different to other described as my fault is not persistant (yet?) but i suppose cleaning both sides is a good start anyway, and will go with Clan's "as i said its never the pedal" strategy for now (said to himself, while closig down Ebay listings for 31280170)
Old Dec 1st, 2021, 00:19   #32
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

FWIW, before I fixed the issue on my Dad's car (which has never returned, over 7 years later) by cleaning the pins on the pedal and CEM (and their respective loom connectors), it was an intermittent fault.

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foggyjames For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2021, 16:07   #33
LizardOfBodom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
1 you need a pin to press back the tag to allow it to pull out , you will see a slot on the shell housing . see the new repair terminal
2 take the throttle pedal off , 3 nuts ...

3 yes a new white wire with the volvo repair termnal wire soldered on at each end .

Was lurking into the pedal during weekend trying to assess the access and have to say it doesnt look very easy (taking it off to clean the connectors).
I can access 2 nuts pretty ok but 3rd one seem impossible to reach - I have taken the plastic shroud under the steering wheel, but the air duct and car's metal frame is blocking direct access, am I missing something or am I suppose to disassembly the plastic air duct aswell? (looks like a hell of a job)
Old Dec 6th, 2021, 21:44   #34
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
Was lurking into the pedal during weekend trying to assess the access and have to say it doesnt look very easy (taking it off to clean the connectors).
I can access 2 nuts pretty ok but 3rd one seem impossible to reach - I have taken the plastic shroud under the steering wheel, but the air duct and car's metal frame is blocking direct access, am I missing something or am I suppose to disassembly the plastic air duct aswell? (looks like a hell of a job)
Its possible with the right kind of tool for the 10mm nuts you need to be small and supple too!
It would not be wise to clean it when there is a known fix for it , you would end up with the same problem again when you are least expecting it .
Old Dec 7th, 2021, 09:59   #35
LizardOfBodom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Its possible with the right kind of tool for the 10mm nuts you need to be small and supple too!
It would not be wise to clean it when there is a known fix for it , you would end up with the same problem again when you are least expecting it .
Was saying in general "clean" but meant generally, how to take the pedal off to do anything in that area.
I have 10mm deep sockets coming but still not sure its possible to reach this? need long extension socket spanner or somethibng?
im not small nor supple though so it seem like its not gonna be fun :/

I had this problem today while driving so want to sort it out asap, will check with dealers here about this plug availability.

ehh...

EDIT: Clan - is your description "Pin 31 of Green connector G under the CEM on the left side" of the CEM side connector valid for all models or my T5 might be different?

EDIT2: photo included for future readers , thats from my car. So if I understood you correctly, that green plug has 6 wires that goes to acc pedal, and one of those is white and is responsible for analog voltage signal yes?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp.JPG (160.2 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by LizardOfBodom; Dec 7th, 2021 at 12:10.
LizardOfBodom is offline   Reply With Quote