Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Trent Valley Section - Newark - 10th October

Views : 1939

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 26th, 2021, 11:19   #1
Fergie35
Club Director

Default Trent Valley Section - Newark - 10th October

We have planned a restart meeting for the Trent Valley Section of the Volvo Owners’ Club on Sunday October 10th.
This is a new departure for us, the section has always met on a weekday evening but the feeling is that we need to try something a bit different.
The venue for this meeting is Riverside Park, Newark on Trent NG24 1BZ at 10.30. (Just off the Great North Road, 800m from A46). The car park is in two parts, we will meet in the furthest section, just beyond the café. I have enquired and the café should be open for drinks and snacks.
The car park is opposite Jubilee Park which is bordered on one side by (appropriately) the River Trent. On the other side of the river is Newark Castle ruins which are free for wandering. River trips run from here in the afternoon but I cannot guarantee that they will be running in October. Bustling Newark town centre is a very short walk away with the usual range of shops etc.
We are hoping that people who attend will tell us how they want the section to run and suggest some alternative meeting venues.
As a welcome we will be paying for four hours parking in the car park for Volvo Owners’ Club members. (There will be small charge for non-members.)
Fergie35 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fergie35 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 26th, 2021, 16:03   #2
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

We'll do our best to attend.

Those among us who lead or help to run any organisation, not only car clubs, know well that it is often a far from easy task. Only very recently we were informed that our local RSPB group is to close, and I am also aware of others, both professional and social, that are also struggling, especially in the current climate.

This is a brave initiative which deserves our support.

Regards, John.
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 17:58   #3
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

I'm keen to attend future meetings, but sadly I'm going to be away for this date.

I'll keep my eye out for future meetings!

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 21:23   #4
Dippydog
Premier Member

Might have been tempted to have a run to this but TorqueVolvo have [I'm told]organised a meeting at Gaydon on the 10th and the plan is to go there-as long as I'm recovered from my upcoming angiogram.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 22:30   #5
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
Might have been tempted to have a run to this but TorqueVolvo have [I'm told]organised a meeting at Gaydon on the 10th and the plan is to go there-as long as I'm recovered from my upcoming angiogram.
Hope the procedure goes well, 'Dd'. From experience, you should notice little or no effects following an angiogram. If you require a stent or stents (I had 3) (angioplasty), the recovery time is naturally longer, and you should not drive for at least a week (doing so may invalidate your insurance) or until cleared by your physician.

Regards, John.

P.S. Hope you enjoy Gaydon. I'm sure that 'Fergie35' will keep us appraised of any developments concerning the future of the T.V. Group.
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 11:01   #6
Dippydog
Premier Member

Thanks for the good wishes JW. Angiogram is booked for this Friday[1st] so a week and a day to recover stents or not.However the plan thus far is for my step daughter to drive us there in my V70-it would be nice to take my 960 as well but fuelling both cars for a 200+ mile round trip would put a huge dent in my budget at present,so it will have to be just the one car[and step daughter is only insured on the V70].
The Following User Says Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 1st, 2021, 14:12   #7
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Good luck DippyDog - hope you're feeling better soon.

Fergie, I would have come down for this, as wifey is from Nottingham so I could have dropped her off at her parents Sadly, I have a 'must-attend' family birthday to go to on the 10th, so hopefully I'll make it next time (as long as its a weekend). Please post up some pics of the event - it'll encourage others to attend next time.

All the best
Old Oct 1st, 2021, 21:32   #8
Dippydog
Premier Member

Slightly furred artery but no further action other than to keep taking tablets I've been on from the start for a further year-although dispersible aspirin will be for life.Not supposed to do much of anything with right arm for at least 3 days while artery where they went in heals over.
Old Oct 1st, 2021, 23:26   #9
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
Slightly furred artery but no further action other than to keep taking tablets I've been on from the start for a further year-although dispersible aspirin will be for life.Not supposed to do much of anything with right arm for at least 3 days while artery where they went in heals over.
Brilliant! As the Lord said unto Moses ... Keep taking the tablets!

Seriously - An excellent result, 'D.d.'; really pleased for you. Regards, J.
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 11:25   #10
Dippydog
Premier Member

Thank you.Certainly could have been a whole lot worse outcome.Just got to wear a sling for next 3 days[as much to remind me not to use that arm]very awkward trying to cook-or even butter my breakfast toast-one handed