Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delivery News

Views : 75149

Replies : 617

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 5th, 2021, 10:29   #71
Dohnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtenr View Post
Update 2/12/21 from Dealer
Dealer delivery now extended to end June early July.
Dealer says he expects the date to come forward. I am not so convinced.
Do you know where yours is built?

From what I understand Volvo has to factories, China and Sweden. I’m pretty sure mine is coming from Sweden.

Cars coming from China must take longer and I suspect are being delayed further due to the shipping crisis - if that’s still a thing?!?
Old Dec 5th, 2021, 19:39   #72
Burtenr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohnut View Post
Do you know where yours is built?

From what I understand Volvo has to factories, China and Sweden. I’m pretty sure mine is coming from Sweden.

Cars coming from China must take longer and I suspect are being delayed further due to the shipping crisis - if that’s still a thing?!?
I understand that all the XC60 PHEVs (T6 & T8) are being built in China and that there remain serious delays getting them from China to Europe.
Burtenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2021, 11:17   #73
Marg77

Just had an update from the dealer.

XC60 T8 R Design Pro, ordered 3rd November, expected delivery 27th May to 10th June.
Marg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2021, 20:25   #74
SoutEastHornet

Similar update from dealer today - Ordered 8 November, delivery due between 25th April and 7th May.

Latter date is around two weeks later than they’d suggested at order, but in the current climate, not too bad. Fingers crossed it doesn’t slip now.

Just as an aside - dealer also said I had one of four build slots they had for orders around the same time as mine and that he had about 10 orders that would be cancel and re-order jobs under the MY23 spec now. Wait time out to late October 2022 for those. Always the cynic, there may well be a level of trying to make my situation seem less bad, but who knows.
SoutEastHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2021, 16:12   #75
yellowbentines

I commented on this in another thread, but I notice on the Volvo UK configurator there are now lead times quoted, and if you are happy to rent a car from Volvo rather than buy then many models are available now or within a matter of weeks.

Does this suggest that Volvo themselves have been taking upcoming build slots for their rental stock, which of course would push back private customer purchase orders down the queue?

Most people on here seem to be expecting cars from end of March onwards - are they building cars between now and then

I've had no further update since ordering mid-September, end of March quoted but not holding my breath. Getting fed up driving around in an old shed now...!
yellowbentines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2021, 17:25   #76
Maccaboy10

Yes, I totally agree I mentioned the same in a post months ago. I think Volvo have deprioritised private buyers to get the rental market off the ground. They’ll have to make sure their product and service is quality to keep customers.
Maccaboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2021, 10:23   #77
Burtenr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg77 View Post
Just had an update from the dealer.

XC60 T8 R Design Pro, ordered 3rd November, expected delivery 27th May to 10th June.
Sept 27th Order XC60 Incr Pro T8 - Updated delivery April now moved to end June
Burtenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2021, 17:58   #78
yellowbentines

Checked in on mine today, still estimating itll be available for 25th March, so about 6 1/2 months from order.

I really hope they've sorted out all of the reported tech bugs and glitches by then, starting to worry I've ordered my 1st Volvo at the wrong time!
yellowbentines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2021, 21:54   #79
My22xc60

XC60 R-Design Pro B5 ordered mid-July, collected last week.

A bonus is that the [assumed] deleted-due-to-chip-shortage, hands-free function to open the boot with a wave of the foot, is actually present on the vehicle.
My22xc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2021, 01:36   #80
Ian.7878

Humm, Thats intresting! As i too have a XC60 R-Design Pro B5 that was ordered mid June delivered late OCT, and i dont seem to have that!
Where about are you waving your foot?

Cheers