Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 Facelift in 2022

Views : 6019

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 25th, 2021, 17:10   #1
MartinEden

Default V60 Facelift in 2022

Hello,

Has anyone information about a possible facelift for V60 in 2022 like when should this happen and what might include?
I'm asking as I'm thinking about ordering one and with the current delivery times (08/2022 !) I might or not get a 2022 facelift version.
I'm mainly interested in the Google Auto which logically should be included in a future facelift for V60.
I am aware about all the current issues with the Google Auto on the models that have it but I believe Volvo will sort these out and update their cars in the coming months.
Anyways I would prefer having a system which has the possibility of being easily updated (OTA) than one that cannot.

Thanks!
MartinEden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2021, 17:53   #2
santasangria

My dealer had the MY23 v60 in system this week. Google is in. Polestar is out. Three new names for the trim levels. R-Design is now Plus Dark (IIRC).

If I want to order now, it’s an MY23, delivery October, yes, October next year.

I presume the MY23 is hitting dealers’ systems everywhere now.
santasangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2021, 18:45   #3
Gooldie

It’s really odd this ! I have a V60 polestar in order which was ordered with the upgraded 455 version, I’m not expecting delivery till April / may next year, which will be one of the earliest delivered . Yet as all rumours suggest it’s dropped for the my23 which will kick in in October 2022

Seams odd to go to effort of developing an upgraded polestar version (455bhp) to only sell it for 5 months !!
Gooldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2021, 18:54   #4
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooldie View Post
It’s really odd this ! I have a V60 polestar in order which was ordered with the upgraded 455 version, I’m not expecting delivery till April / may next year, which will be one of the earliest delivered . Yet as all rumours suggest it’s dropped for the my23 which will kick in in October 2022

Seams odd to go to effort of developing an upgraded polestar version (455bhp) to only sell it for 5 months !!
MY23 cars will be built from June 2022 so if you have a delivery date of April / May yours will be a MY22 car, presumably with Polestar.
Old Nov 26th, 2021, 00:57   #5
smithsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooldie View Post

I’m with you I’ve ordered an S60 PE it seems ludicrous that they did that, I suppose in our favour it makes them even more rare.
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2021, 08:15   #6
Automatic Only

455 hp is now the standard T8 - its not an upgraded Polestar version.
Old Nov 26th, 2021, 10:41   #7
segakid

Is there any other changes incoming that anyone knows about. I’m currently due delivery in January for my T6 inscription. I have to admit I am disappointed not to get the google system. As said previously it seems the sensus is better right now but I assume the google one will overtake it in time.
segakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2021, 12:21   #8
smithsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Only View Post
455 hp is now the standard T8 - its not an upgraded Polestar version.
I know I wonder why they've dropped the Polestar, not that I'm massively bothered as it will make them rarer on the road.
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2021, 18:53   #9
chrisrixy

For MY23 the V60 will have (as others have said) just have the 3 equipment options - Core, Plus & Ultimate - with an option for light or dark theme with the plus version. Ultimate comes with the dark theme. Light / dark is really just chrome or black around windows etc

Apart from paint colour & a choice of wheels that is about it for choosing options. There seems to be no option at all to add anything to the 3 equipment levels. So the pan roof, adaptive shadow lights, adaptive cruise & 360 camera are only available in the Ultimate version - you can't seem to add anything to the spec of the Core or Plus versions. Pan roof standard on all recharge trims though. S60 & V60CC not available in Core.

It must be a way for Volvo to hugely simplify the manufacturing process, but disappointing from a customer viewpoint as you have to accept options you don't want (big wheels, dark tinted windows) to get those that you do!

This info taken from the S60/V60 MY23 version 1 pricelist kindly sent by my dealer. Dated 01/12/21 so maybe he shouldn't have sent it! Hopefully options will be added in later versions...

There are no photographs and no mention of any physical changes / facelifts.
chrisrixy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisrixy For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 26th, 2021, 19:23   #10
segakid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrixy View Post
For MY23 the V60 will have (as others have said) just have the 3 equipment options - Core, Plus & Ultimate - with an option for light or dark theme with the plus version. Ultimate comes with the dark theme. Light / dark is really just chrome or black around windows etc

Apart from paint colour & a choice of wheels that is about it for choosing options. There seems to be no option at all to add anything to the 3 equipment levels. So the pan roof, adaptive shadow lights, adaptive cruise & 360 camera are only available in the Ultimate version - you can't seem to add anything to the spec of the Core or Plus versions. Pan roof standard on all recharge trims though. S60 & V60CC not available in Core.

It must be a way for Volvo to hugely simplify the manufacturing process, but disappointing from a customer viewpoint as you have to accept options you don't want (big wheels, dark tinted windows) to get those that you do!

This info taken from the S60/V60 MY23 version 1 pricelist kindly sent by my dealer. Dated 01/12/21 so maybe he shouldn't have sent it! Hopefully options will be added in later versions...

There are no photographs and no mention of any physical changes / facelifts.
Thanks for sharing this information. Makes me glad I have my order in for this year rather than 23. I presume BLIS isn’t making a return on any trim level?
segakid is offline   Reply With Quote