Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

It's not like me to moan about the Police but...

Views : 6013

Replies : 80

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2011, 13:49   #41
gulavelt
I've Been Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr8pdo View Post
It was, basically I was pulled over, I had been rowing with my girlfriend and driving a bit erratic, he dragged me out the car telling ME I was p*ssed out of my head, big 6ft 4 tall guy just out for a row, then he snatched up my little puppy I had in the passenger seat, I was really wound up and this guy wasnt helping, just adding fuel to the fire, so I just turned around with my back to him and said "I dont need to hear your sh*t" next think SPG turn up, iam face down in the road and just locked my arms by my side, they tried bending my thumbs, knee right in my kidneys, but they were not getting anywhere, next thing I remeber was a white flash then coming around, sitting cross legged on the road with no boots on and blood pouring out the side of my head, I was told later by a witness (neighbour) how the big bully had stamped on my head, repeatedly, when I realised what had happened and I was in custody suite I was going mad at him cause Id put 2 and 2 together and he was grinning in the corner of the fingerprinting room, I did threaten him, and I refused a breath test at the station, I didnt know it was an offence not to not give one, he just said fair enough then slung me in a cell, my thumbs were numb for a month or 2 after that where the cuffs were so tight, 3 year auto ban (2nd drink offence) but I wasnt even drinking!
Shocking story, however as you had not been drinking why did not agree to submit to a breath test which would have proved that fact instead of refusing?
Must say i find it suprising that someone with your obvious experance of the system actually did not realise it was a offence to refuse to give a test when requested.
gulavelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 14:04   #42
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr8pdo View Post
I was pulled over, I had been driving a bit erratic, he dragged me out the car telling ME I was p*ssed out of my head, big 6ft 4 tall guy just out for a row, I was really wound up and this guy wasnt helping, just adding fuel to the fire, so I just turned around with my back to him and said "I dont need to hear your sh*t" next think SPG turn up, iam face down in the road and just locked my arms by my side, they tried bending my thumbs, knee right in my kidneys, but they were not getting anywhere, next thing I remeber was a white flash then coming around, sitting cross legged on the road with no boots on and blood pouring out the side of my head, I was told later by a witness (neighbour) how the big bully had stamped on my head, repeatedly, , I did threaten him, and I refused a breath test at the station, I didnt know it was an offence not to not give one, 3 year auto ban (2nd drink offence) but I wasnt even drinking!

Looks like you have been hard done by and the Police are entirely to blame.

Last edited by S60D5-185; May 16th, 2011 at 14:48.
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 14:30   #43
Michaeleff

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerthechorister View Post
It seems the Construction and Use Regulations 1986 are not available online save by subscription. Good job that ignorance of the law is no excuse, eh?

Glad you mentioned the C & U part of the RTA, Rog: some sanity and wisdom at last..............

More nonsense talked about what one can and cannot do to one's vehicle than almost anything else.

Insurance underwriters can repudiate your claim or even cancel the indemnity only and if any significant changes are made away from either:

(i) Manufacturer's Specification: or;

(ii) European Regs on motor vehicles: or;

(iii) Such changes significantly alter the potential performance of said insured risk.

Examples are different wheels: fitting tyres not to the specification of the manufacturer: anything which enhances and/or changes the vehicle's performance.

And, furthermore, if it's Aviva ( ) if you use the wrong polish!

Trouble is most coppers know little in reality about C & U regs: and even less about the RTA. Even traffic.

In fact, some of this is quite reasonable.

People throw on wheels and tyres which change suspension geometry and steering angles. Different offset.

If one accepts the suggested point about exhausts, then that's such as Kwik Fit, National Tyre, A1 etc all dead in the water...........................

Last edited by Michaeleff; May 16th, 2011 at 16:51.
Michaeleff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michaeleff For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2011, 16:41   #44
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulavelt View Post
Shocking story, however as you had not been drinking why did not agree to submit to a breath test which would have proved that fact instead of refusing?
Must say i find it suprising that someone with your obvious experance of the system actually did not realise it was a offence to refuse to give a test when requested.
I was only 19 or 20 at the time and was really fired up that day not thinking straight, I basically bit my own nose off to spite my face, it was only the second dealings I had had with the police at that time too
Old May 16th, 2011, 17:04   #45
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilydad View Post
I think that's very unfair. Let's face it, a lot of Officers, and others, in the forces and general government paid Civil services jobs are there because of Silver Spoon Daddies and who they know rather than what they know.

I KNOW, because my wife's daughter's husband is a Wing Commander in the RAF......and he's told us a thing or two about top brass!!
I went to a state school in a Mining town in the North of England.

As for all the other comments about mine - everyones entitled to their opinion!

nepotism goes on ... but you can get in if you're good enough for them, I certainly didn't have a silver spoon or any 'contacts' I just made sure I was good enough to qualify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman1207 View Post
"As a former RAF officer, I think coppers are just the chaff who weren't good enough to get a Full commission in the Forces so went for the easy option - even the Military police officers were looked down upon as the unfortunate! It was a prime 're-branch' if you fail your exams etc.. for your chosen branch they let you become a Copper instead as the soft option, as just about anyone could pass the exams and professional course. "

Thanks for that mate! love being called Chaff!
your welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
Well i am not a Policeman nor have i been in the Forces but judging by your comments i take it that you walk around with a Torch on your head because it must be awfully dark when you are so far up your own AR**, full of your own perceived self importance and look down on other less adequate plebs.
What a naive view of anyone else's intelligence who does not happen to be an Officer. Surely you are not telling me that all Officers in the Armed Forces are exceptionally gifted or intelligent?

See comments above - came from the same place as a lot of people on here, no private school, regular parents, if you think I'm talking tosh - go sign up for what I did and get in, show me your certificates I'll doth my cap to you and eat humble pie and buy you a pint!

Were you a Pilot , a Navigator or just a pen pusher in the RAF? Incidententally , how long were you in the RAF for?

Intelligence Branch - we planned the missions for the other guys, if you don't think that's important well... good luck to ya

If neither a Pilot or Navigator, i have heard other Army officers state that those joining the RAF want to ensure that they join the Forces without ever having to fight or is that just an unfounded generalisation such as you have made?

How about the RAF regiment or Spec Ops int who go on Detachment? As do those who volunteer to do the commando course to be a BALO, or indeed those who join JSIO - I'd respect anyone who'd signed up for the forces for at least putting their name to paper to defend queen and country regardless of their role, I noticed you've never done any of that yourself As for my views, I'm reflecting the 'general' consensus of what was said about the coppers when I was in the forces! which, in many respects I can understand why everyone thought that, and through my own personal experience of 'coppers' came to pretty much hold the general view - if you can't handle that don't read my posts, loads of other ones to entertain you on here !!!

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Last edited by t5_monkey; May 16th, 2011 at 17:29.
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 17:15   #46
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
Looks like you have been hard done by and the Police are entirely to blame.

I wouldnt say that, I was driving like an idiot so really it was my fault, fair cop, but the way i was dealt with was wrong I think, I was at no point read my rights, it was just, bang wallop, crash bash, your nicked, in the cells, etc etc, as I said earlier it was a long time ago, I dont hate the police, they probably saved my life that night (or someone elses)the way I was fired up driving like an idiot.
Old May 16th, 2011, 17:57   #47
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Bad police

I know a girl who was given a real kicking by two dyke cop bitches while the heavy boys stood in the door of the cell and watched the fun. It was 20 years ago and she still has mobility problems with her arms.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rogerthechorister For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2011, 18:14   #48
JimG
Premier Member

Roger, I see you have good reason to dislike the officers involved with this case, but I must say however that your derogatory comment towards lesbians is over the top.

A step too far I think.

www.alignmycar.co.uk
www.rearfacing.co.uk
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JimG For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2011, 18:45   #49
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
I went to a state school in a Mining town in the North of England.

As for all the other comments about mine - everyones entitled to their opinion!

nepotism goes on ... but you can get in if you're good enough for them, I certainly didn't have a silver spoon or any 'contacts' I just made sure I was good enough to qualify.

your welcome
i do like your comments SPROG however i will ask you a few questions seing as your in the mood for answers. 1 how long does it take to become an officer in the RAF and what qualification are required.2 can you oblige by showing us your commission. i was under the impression that if you are intel you gathered information???.where you spec ops and did you do the commando course equal to the MARINES.I do hope that you will answer the questions put to you in a manner becoming of an ex officer.
regards.
mike

Last edited by outnumbered; May 16th, 2011 at 18:50.
outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to outnumbered For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2011, 19:05   #50
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Roger, I see you have good reason to dislike the officers involved with this case, but I must say however that your derogatory comment towards lesbians is over the top.

A step too far I think.

I knew a kid when I was about 15-16, he was the same age but he was a proper wrongun!

A real little sh*te, mugging old ladies, spitting in peoples and coppers faces, well he got the treatment by the old bill;

They rolled him up in a carpet, and jumped, kicked and stamped all over him, he couldnt move and the bruises were minimal but he was really shaken up by it, now I like that, this is where i take people on face value, someone like that had it coming and he deserved it, its when you look at it from the other side (Police) its when they start sterotyping people that the problems start and they abuse their power, its these who have got issues and shouldnt be in the force.