Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940 b230ft random engine stalling

Views : 971

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 12th, 2020, 18:27   #1
Jelle9990

Default 940 b230ft random engine stalling

Hello fellow Volvo guys!

My manuel 93” 940 have developed a new problem....
It just recently started to die out on my when it’s warm. Like I said in the title it comes randomly.
I have tried to trigger it but reving high by babying the throttle, easing into it, flat out at low rpm but no results, it took it like a champ. I can drive for a long distance on the freeway no problem...

The times it died for me: when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, putting in reverse and even cruising in 3rd and 4th, top of 2nd doing a pull.

The first times it did it, it started up fairly quick but the last couple of times I had to wait a few minutes before it fired back up, It does stutter sometimes when it fails to start... when it drives there is no noticeable difference and pulls and drives smooth.

When it dies the rpm gauge drops to 0 and when I give it a little gas(when still rolling in 2nd or 3rd) it make this “nice” backfire pop so I’m guessing it is not the fuel but the igniting might be the problem? sometimes when Rolling long enough the rpm gauge goes back up to whatever rpm it should be and the car drives perfectly like nothing happend

I have checked the od relay and fuel pump relay and they look like new inside(pics included).It did however sound the same way when i try to start it without the pump relay as when it dies
Any one have had this problem before and yes i have searched the Forums but couldnt find anyone with the exatct same problem.

Best greetings from Denmark
Jelle9990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dies, stall, stalling, wont start