Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tyre Pressure Monitor False Alarm?

Views : 4313

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 18th, 2015, 11:55   #1
Infrustria

Default Tyre Pressure Monitor False Alarm?

Return trip to Bristol over the weekend and the car performed flawlessly until we got close to home when the Tyre Pressure warning came on; checking the Sensus display it told me that all 4 tyres had lost pressure.

So, being close to a service station I pulled in and checked. Not one needed filling. Set off, recalibrated and the warning disappeared with no recurrence.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Incidentally, managed a 52mpg average over the trip. Probably more down to the relatively empty motorways and endless 50mph stretches whilst 'smart motorway' upgrades are undertaken than good fuel management on my part. Now, if only I could get my commute above 42.
Infrustria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 13:14   #2
Spitfire4
Master Member

Mine have gone off a couple of times but both times the tyre indicated needed air, never had 4 go off together yet!
Old May 18th, 2015, 17:15   #3
Chrisv60

Yes, I've had 1 go off, 4 go off and all options in between on different wheels. One of those was genuine, the rest were false alarms which were cleared by re calibrating, but the 4 at once took several go's to recalibrate.

There really is no other choice other than to stop and check. I was going to take it in but I've not had any warnings for a couple of months now, so I'm hoping it's gone away.

As it affects all wheels I' guessing it has something to do with the receiver - does anyone know what it looks like or where it is?
Old May 18th, 2015, 19:08   #4
MattRS74

Strange timing!

Had exactly the same on my month old XC60 yesterday - just the front nearside, but no pressure had been lost on checking...

Matt
Old May 18th, 2015, 20:19   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

a visit to your dealer will sort this they have some proceedures ...
key things are top up your tyre pressures when everything is cold ie ambient temperature , not having warm tyres and cold air .. the system is sensitive to pressure lowering but not so much to them rising .. so calibrate when cold and pressures are correct .
Old May 18th, 2015, 20:44   #6
volvo for ever
Premier Member

theres is cem upgrade for tyre monitor faults also when message come on dim cdl fault too new cem sw fixes this fault
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 03:14   #7
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrustria View Post
Return trip to Bristol over the weekend and the car performed flawlessly until we got close to home when the Tyre Pressure warning came on; checking the Sensus display it told me that all 4 tyres had lost pressure.

So, being close to a service station I pulled in and checked. Not one needed filling. Set off, recalibrated and the warning disappeared with no recurrence.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Incidentally, managed a 52mpg average over the trip. Probably more down to the relatively empty motorways and endless 50mph stretches whilst 'smart motorway' upgrades are undertaken than good fuel management on my part. Now, if only I could get my commute above 42.
Occurs to me not all pressure gauges are accurate and also measuring the tyres hot as opposed to cold means they must have lost pressure to measure the correct amount when hot.
Old May 19th, 2015, 08:18   #8
volvo for ever
Premier Member

as i previous posted active campain for cem upgrade for tre pressure monitor problems phone dealler
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2019, 22:36   #9
Geoff22642

Angry

My warnings come on most weeks but all false alarms. All 4 lights came on while going very slowly over a speed bump.I do not want this system on my next car. I carry gloves in the car just for this.:
Geoff22642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2019, 08:22   #10
SwissXC90
Premier Member

On my old XC90 I have had a tyre pick up a screw and it had a slow leak. And another tyre lost air for no reason. I wish I had TPMS but I do not.

TPMS does work and is very useful.
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote