Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Attempt to be silenced by a Main Dealer

Views : 25063

Replies : 144

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 29th, 2011, 16:57   #1
s60ben
Master Member

Default Attempt to be silenced by a Main Dealer

Following a post I made the other day on this forum, I received an email from the VOC Forum Support Team.

They had forwarded me a message at the request of a member, who had taken umbrage with the post that I had made.

The "reported post" message is laid below:

Quote:

Date: 27 November 2011 14:35

The following message was sent to you via the Volvo Owners Club Forum Contact Us form by Captain Volvo

--------------------------------

Please could you pass on my comments to member - s60ben

Ben,

Please could I ask you to consider removing the defamatory comments posted last night about me personally and my business.

Whilst you were kind enough to highlight an issue with a used car we had sold you were also aware there was certainly no intention to mislead and the customer was very happy with the solution.

Perhaps if you had gone about highlighting the concerns in a more acceptable and mature manner apart of which resulted in a member of the public complaining about your excessive and potentially dangerous driving leaving my site and travelling along Bolton Lane.

I have personally and professionally an excellent reputation which my customers see trust , integrity and honesty which are very much apart of my values.

I have been a Volvo Technician ,Volvo Sales consultant , Volvo Sales and General Manager , A true Volvo enthusiast and owner for 30 years.

I have now owned my own Volvo dealership for 4 years and will continue working with Volvo for further futue opportunities to represent this excellent brand

I understand having talked to a number of other Volvo enthusiasts that you too have a reputation

However currently I find your comments libellous

Please consider my request before I take the matter further

Regards

Clive

--------------------------------

Referring Page: ****removed****
IP Address: ****removed****
User Name: Captain Volvo
User ID: 31141
Email: ****removed****
Thats atrocious, and not only that, but this guy is the Dealer Principal of Clive Brook Volvo in Bradford.

He tells half a story, pretends he's asking nicely, but then shoves in the libel bit and the threat of him taking it further..

If you have a quick look at the posts he's made on this forum, it's very clear that the "honesty and integrity" he promotes so much, aren't so much of an issue when he's trying to mislead people into thinking he's just an ordinary member, and attempting to direct them to his business.

For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Volvo View Post
Try Clive Brook Volvo in Bradford . They are offering upto 20% discount to Volvo Owners Club Members on Parts and Labour and I know of 2 friends who were entitled too and took advantage of 20% discount off a New car under thier Loyalty programme.

Contact 01274 802999

www.clivebrook.co.uk
Oh really, 2 friends of the Dealer Principal, happened to be entitled to a Loyalty Scheme discount.....

And:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Volvo View Post
Wish they hadn't sold it !
Wish there was another one !
Glad I didn't say they were wrong with the price

I am told they have just got the last R ever made for the UK
Sadly I am not going to have chance to say it's too expensive as Clive Brook Volvo have already sold it !
You can find the rest of his posts...
I wonder how many PM's were sent...

I've duly replied to his message, effectively informing him that he can go poke himself where the sun don't shine, and that he can take the matter further should he wish.. Of course, I may also take matter further.

I should add, that I dealt with this Dealer Principal in a fully mature, acceptable and approachable manner, and also drove away perfectly safely from his dealership. (The road he accuses me <via his alleged customer> of speeding on, and dangerous driving on due to that speed, is the grand sum of 200 yards long, and you have no choice but to stop at the end.....) It just so happens my car makes a little more noise than your average v70.. And it also just so happened that he wanted something to have a go at me for when he called me 20 minutes later to have a further argument.

He states quite clearly that his customer is "very happy with the solution" - Well here's a big newsflash for you mate - He's FAR from happy.... And I think you may just find out why.

RT Mechanics Info:
RT Mechanics Legal Threats
RT Mechanics Poor Work

Last edited by s60ben; Nov 29th, 2011 at 16:58. Reason: Title
s60ben is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s60ben For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 17:58   #2
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Well words speak for themself when dealers feel they need to resort to this type scaremongering.

Think Clive should just get a life and put more effort into his customer service?

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SonyVaio For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 18:15   #3
david philips
panic captain manwaring ?

Exclamation if they had any brains

just goes to show the foolishness of the bradford twits if they had said nothing and just let it go the way all bad publicity does it probably would have been forgotten about. reason being the general public has a very short memory and even those on tvs rouge traders always find more customers to con but when they take up the fight wile knowing themselves in the wrong all they do is prove that they have been in this position before and show that they have no intention of changing.
david philips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 18:17   #4
waylander
Premier Member

try parking opposite his main entrance with a huge placard stating your issues with the car... nothing libelous and on a oublic highway - might see a swift return to the 'negotiating table'

Last edited by waylander; Nov 29th, 2011 at 18:26.
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 18:24   #5
scottishvolvo
Premier Member

The first thing that struck me about the letter was the atrocious spelling and grammar. Is it normal for a member of the public to enter a garage and report someones "excessive and potentially dangerous driving" ? I know I wouldn't!
2014 V40 Cross Country
Please consider registering with the Anthony Nolan Trust, you could save a life.
scottishvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 18:26   #6
caveman_returns
Gone!!!

He sounds a bit of a knob, doing this sort of thing just gives him and the business bad publicity.
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 18:31   #7
volvorocks
Rodney

Youve got the same picture as me.
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 18:46   #8
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

i dont want to be seen as the bad man here but is it not better a) to keep this a private matter b) to remove the comments rather than enraging the situation.

from a legal point though if they are fair comment expressing an opinion and not a fact, with public interest and are "fair" then go right ahead. As you might get a defence that way of fair comment.

Also i would like to point out it in the majority it is slander not libel online.

Although a thread like this i can seriously see enflaming the situation honestly...
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninja59 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 18:58   #9
weble

One thing anyone in customer relations should know,

If someone has a bad experience, they'll tell 10 people

If someone has a good experience, they'll tell one.

I dont know what went on between you two, or any other issues with anyone else. But a dealer/trader really does need to try and keep a good rep!
weble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weble For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 29th, 2011, 18:59   #10
irishcarfan
Master Member

I agree with Ninja59.
irishcarfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain volvo, clive brook, clive brook volvo, volvo bradford