Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General > 400 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 440 1.9 tdi GS - For Sale

Views : 3788

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 15:27   #1
Criticalmass

Default Volvo 440 1.9 tdi GS - For Sale

Hi all,

For Sale i have a Volvo 440, 1.9 tdi in dark grey with just over 53k on the clock.

This car is a non runner. The gfs grandad put the car in the garage about 2 years ago and hadnt used it for that full time. Unfortunately the battery went dead which, after asking on this forum, caused the immobiliser to lose its codes for the keys, so the car will not start. I have had it turning over, but it wont fire. Ive changed the batteries on the fobs and still no joy - the doors do not lock/unlock with the fobs either.

I was told on here that the keys and ecu will need recoding to pair the fob with the car.

The car does need some work, it had no MOT nor Tax. It will need new brakes all round, which i can supply with the car - both disc and pads also an oil filter. The front of the car is in excellent condition, however the rear arches need attention as they are rotten. The car has had a new battery put in, but it has since gone flat, as i put it on charge but didnt realise the charger wasnt plugged in (DOH), but i will put it back on charge. The battery should be ok.

Interior is in excellent condition, just needs a good clean. Soon roof does not leak. Also has tow bar.

Car has 5 spoke volvo alloys on it, but will also supply another set of alloy wheels.

I acknowledge the car does need some work, but would rather try sell it to someone that is willing to get it back on the road, rather than just scrapping it - that will be a last resort.

Questions are welcome as are viewings.

Not after a lot for it, jsut enough to cover the price of the discs and pads i bought for it.

Looking for £200 ono, buyer will need to collect.

Cheers
Gaz

Last edited by Criticalmass; Sep 16th, 2012 at 16:23.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 10:13   #2
Anadinolin
VOC Member

please dont scrap it, its a very tidy car, and i might take it off your hands if you cant sell it, i would be happy to make an offer on the 27th provided my finances tie up as expected
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 14:15   #3
Criticalmass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anadinolin View Post
please dont scrap it, its a very tidy car, and i might take it off your hands if you cant sell it, i would be happy to make an offer on the 27th provided my finances tie up as expected

Hi mate,

The last thing i want to do is scrap it, the car worked fine before it was put in the garage. But it just needs someone who's willing to put some time and money into it to get it back on the road - mainly the rear arches and immobiliser issue.

Feel free to make me an off closer to the 27th
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 14:17   #4
Criticalmass

Bump! Bttt
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 14:15   #5
Criticalmass

Anyone willing to save this?
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 17:07   #6
matbat

Looks a bargain for someone will to spend a little time.

Getting it transported from Leeds to Sussex would cost me too much though sadly :-(

Hope someone saves it!
matbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 19:30   #7
Adi2727
Flying Transylvanian

It's an ~easy job to bypass the immo on this engine.
I'll make some photo's to see what's about.
Adi2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 16:04   #8
Criticalmass

Cheers Mat.

Ad - if you could get me instructions as to how to by pass the immob that would be awesome. Will this allow the fobs to operate the doors too?
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 22:23   #9
Criticalmass

Sunday Eve BUMP!
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 18:17   #10
Adi2727
Flying Transylvanian

http://volvoforums.org.uk/showpost.p...8&postcount=30
Adi2727 is offline   Reply With Quote