Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60/V60 Nav issues

Views : 666

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 24th, 2012, 10:08   #1
Gurra

Default XC60/V60 Nav issues

Hi,

There seems to be two software issues in the NAV software when driving UK cars abroad in metric countries, e.g. France or Ireland.
Has anyone else run into these?

When using voice commands, the NAV area cannot be changed. It is possible to change area to the country you are visiting with the console buttons, but when using voice commands, it always defaults to UK, which is grayed out, and there is seemingly no way of changing it. As a result, it is seemingy not possible to navigate to an address anywhere unless console buttons are used.

The metric speed limit signs are correct but treated as if they were mph; if l/100km is chosen in the global settings, they are converted from mph to kmh, resulting in incorrect speeds being displayed on the NAV. E.g. 193kmh instead of 120kmh and 80kmh instead of 50kmh.

My system has Sensus 2.0, Software 0A00 and V 30.11.11 maps.
Gurra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 10:44   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

you need to speak with your dealer , the first action always is to update to the latest software ... including map discs which contain firmware updates .
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 18:36   #3
richy2

I recently visited the Netherlands and the nav worked fine (Sensus 2.0) but didn't try the voice commands, the MPH speed limit signs were displayed perfectly, no need to change to KM/H because there is the real time view of speed displayed that way the centre of the right dial. sat nav was awesome and really useful, made driving over there very easy, even in the middle of Amsterdam.
richy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 23:37   #4
Mountain Goat

As Richy2 says. You don't need to change anything. The speedo is calibrated in mph, if you want to see the equivalent kph you can display it in RH bezel. The sat nav displays the local speed limit in mph, which as that's what your speedo shows as well is much better.