Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings > VOC Section Events

Notices

VOC Section Events Meetings and Events organised by local VOC sections

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Yorkshire Section

Views : 89006

Replies : 284

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 7th, 2018, 11:05   #191
Selby

This threads better than eastenders.
Selby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 13:49   #192
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V50t5dave View Post
Why did you all park in the main car park.
Quote:
I can not understand your thinking.
Because it wasn't specified in your rather random info you posted about the meet.

Quote:
If you had gone to the top of the hill you could have parked by the Cavendish pavilion then down to the side of the river. That is what I intended.
Maybe stating what your intentions are before everyone drives hundreds of miles to get there would have been better?

I would love to come to one of these meets but they are always on a Sunday and always long distances away..... despite me living pretty much in the middle of Yorkshire.
MiniNinjaRob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MiniNinjaRob For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 13:51   #193
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

I am hoping to be at the Leeds cruise this weekend in my 940 - Sat 9th from about 5pm onwards. Junction 1 M621 at the Burger King.

Its more for modified classic/hot rods/American cars but there is often a couple of Volvos there too - why not make it more?
The Following User Says Thank You to MiniNinjaRob For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 16:50   #194
skippyfox
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniNinjaRob View Post
I am hoping to be at the Leeds cruise this weekend in my 940 - Sat 9th from about 5pm onwards. Junction 1 M621 at the Burger King.

Its more for modified classic/hot rods/American cars but there is often a couple of Volvos there too - why not make it more?
If I finish work early enough, might pop along to that, sounds interesting as in the past I've had a few American motors.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 8th, 2018, 19:17   #195
V50t5dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selby View Post
This threads better than eastenders.
When you have been to a meet, you can have a say. If you want to talk the talk, please have the decency to come to a meet.
I know who you are so if you can not come to a meet please do not be sarcastic.
V50t5dave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V50t5dave For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 11th, 2018, 00:50   #196
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

Quote:
please have the decency to come to a meet.
Especially if you’ve organised it.
Old Jun 11th, 2018, 18:30   #197
V50t5dave

Quote:
Especially if you’ve organised it.
Sorry are you talking to me? I would have been there however my 3 year old grandson’s birthday party was moved to this date. Now let’s be honest I could have attended without the wife and spent the next 6 months in Coventry.
I said due to circumstances beyond my control.
I hope and wish through this someone will attempt to carry on.
Only DCW knows about my health but for the last 15 years I have struggled with PTSD. I am sorry to stop but my health come’s first.
I wish everyone all the best.
David.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V50t5dave For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 11th, 2018, 21:42   #198
dcw
VOC Member

Health always has to come first - if you don't let it, it will remind you of that soon enough. That's why at this point I'm not offering to take this on despite being tempted. Good luck to you David - you tried your best.

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dcw For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 12th, 2018, 13:33   #199
MiniNinjaRob
Master Member

Quote:
Sorry are you talking to me? I would have been there however my 3 year old grandson’s birthday party was moved to this date. Now let’s be honest I could have attended without the wife and spent the next 6 months in Coventry.
I said due to circumstances beyond my control.
I hope and wish through this someone will attempt to carry on.
Only DCW knows about my health but for the last 15 years I have struggled with PTSD. I am sorry to stop but my health come’s first.
I wish everyone all the best.
David.
Yes I was. I am sorry about your circumstances/health but when you take on the role of an organiser you should make things you organise a priority, or at least have some sort of deputy who can step in just in case anything happens. You also need to have good planning with full details up on here so no-one is of any doubt as to what is happening.

Anyway, on a positive note I went to the Leeds Cruise on my own and stayed there a lot longer than I wanted as there was a chance someone might turn up who had read this thread. I don't think anyone did bt I did meet a new 940 owner who I directed to this forum, so it worked out well in the end. Hopefully my enthusiasm will have rubbed off on him and he will get a nice welcome here if he ever joins up.
Old Jun 12th, 2018, 19:17   #200
V50t5dave

Quote:
Yes I was. I am sorry about your circumstances/health but when you take on the role of an organiser you should make things you organise a priority, or at least have some sort of deputy who can step in just in case anything happens. You also need to have good planning with full details up on here so no-one is of any doubt as to what is happening.

Anyway, on a positive note I went to the Leeds Cruise on my own and stayed there a lot longer than I wanted as there was a chance someone might turn up who had read this thread. I don't think anyone did bt I did meet a new 940 owner who I directed to this forum, so it worked out well in the end. Hopefully my enthusiasm will have rubbed off on him and he will get a nice welcome here if he ever joins up.
Sounds to me your just the man for the job. You have it all worked out.
Best of luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V50t5dave For This Useful Post: