Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 CEM Repair Terminal numbers

Views : 3018

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 7th, 2023, 17:08   #1
IainG
Premier Member

Default V50 CEM Repair Terminal numbers

Hi All
I have had an ongoing saga getting some repair terminals to replace the Data circuit pins on the 3 plugs that plug in to the CEM
I also changed the Housing and terminals on the Accelerator pedal.
I went by previous information on here and ordered the CEM terminals under Number 30656678

I ordered 7 of these from Volvo and when they came they were the wrong ones. Volvo reordered them in case the wrong ones were in the "Bin" . Same incorrect one arrived.

Checked via Sweden and they gave another number 30656698. Very similar so I wonder if the number on this forum has been miss typed and then just copied.

The correct numbers for everything are below

8690595 Accelerator plug housing x1
30765498 Repair terminal for Accelerator plug housing x6
30656698 Repair terminals for CEM x6 for Data and x1 for accelerator signal wire.

CEM Plugs terminals changed are in picture below plus I changed the accelerator signal wire which is Green plug terminal G31(white wire)

The Green plug is shown in the photo below. The Blue and Brown plugs look similar and use the same terminals. The black plug is for the accelerator pedal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8709.jpg (238.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 16.54.20.png (142.6 KB, 88 views)
File Type: png Volvo CEM Coms Terminals copy.png (44.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9026.jpg (129.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9027.jpg (76.7 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by IainG; Jan 7th, 2023 at 17:26.
IainG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IainG For This Useful Post:
Old May 5th, 2023, 12:55   #2
eric19371
Clueless

As an FYI, my local Volvo dealer in Maidstone said that part 8690595 (Accelerator Plug Housing) is no longer available. The other parts are all available with UK stock at £4.38 each.

I have a similar issue on an S40 so will be trying this repair soon.

eric19371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2023, 09:21   #3
IainG
Premier Member

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric19371 View Post
As an FYI, my local Volvo dealer in Maidstone said that part 8690595 (Accelerator Plug Housing) is no longer available. The other parts are all available with UK stock at £4.38 each.

I have a similar issue on an S40 so will be trying this repair soon.

Did it work??
Old Jan 15th, 2024, 23:08   #4
joellillencamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainG View Post
Hi All
I have had an ongoing saga getting some repair terminals to replace the Data circuit pins on the 3 plugs that plug in to the CEM
I went by previous information on here and ordered the CEM terminals under Number 30656678

I ordered 7 of these from Volvo and when they came they were the wrong ones. Volvo reordered them in case the wrong ones were in the "Bin" . Same incorrect one arrived.

Checked via Sweden and they gave another number 30656698. Very similar so I wonder if the number on this forum has been miss typed and then just copied.

30656698 Repair terminals for CEM x6 for Data and x1 for accelerator signal wire.

CEM Plugs terminals changed are in picture below plus I changed the accelerator signal wire which is Green plug terminal G31(white wire)

The Green plug is shown in the photo below. The Blue and Brown plugs look similar and use the same terminals. The black plug is for the accelerator pedal.
I want to try this on 2010 xc 90. Do you just pull old terminal connections. They come out of connector by pulling out? As per Clan's directions?
joellillencamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 19:27   #5
joellillencamp

Quote:
Hi All

Have you done this repair? Meaning is the repair terminal PN 30656698 the right size? No offense - how did you know that PN 30656678 (Clan's suggestion) was the wrong size? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 19:52   #6
IainG
Premier Member

Hi

Quote:
Have you done this repair? Meaning is the repair terminal PN 30656698 the right size? No offense - how did you know that PN 30656678 (Clan's suggestion) was the wrong size? Thanks in advance.
As explained earlier,
I originally ordered 7 x30656678 as per Clan's post.
They arrived and were noticeably different to the ones fitted to my car.
I explained to the supplier the problem. He ordered another set from the Volvo system just in case they were the wrong parts in the bin. The same terminals arrived and luckily I was able to return them and they refunded me for the parts. I did a bit more delving on here and kept getting told they were the correct ones. I contacted another dealer and they contacted Sweden who then gave me the number 30656698. I then ordered 7 of these on the provisor that if they didn't fit I could return them for a refund. They arrived and they did fit my car.
The photo shows the 30656678 with the red wire and the other is one of my terminal actually fitted to my car.

I then contacted the dealer again and they sent a technical request to Sweden.
The response from the dealer.

Quote:
Sweden Volvo are saying all the pins are the same across all 3 connectors, they are £3.55 + vat each, availability covers your needs they are available next day (would be Saturday now).
Photo of the bag the new pins (30656698) were in, that arrived and fitted my car (2005 V50)
Since fitting all my communication errors have reset and not come back (just over a year now)

On the parts list the dealer had he couldn't confirm which numbers were correct however when he contacted Sweden they supplied the correct number, which I then ordered. If you are worried or unsure ask the dealer to contact Sweden for the correct part number in case it is different for your car

Also a bit more history
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=328267
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_8717.jpeg (57.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9025.jpg (194.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by IainG; Jan 16th, 2024 at 20:07.
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 20:11   #7
Teddy1975

You wouldn't happen to have one (of the right ones) that you can measure the dimensions of?

I'd rather buy the raw terminal sleeves from an electronics webshop and make my own repair cables rather than buy from Volvo with that insane price markup.
Teddy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 21:11   #8
IainG
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy1975 View Post
You wouldn't happen to have one (of the right ones) that you can measure the dimensions of?

I'd rather buy the raw terminal sleeves from an electronics webshop and make my own repair cables rather than buy from Volvo with that insane price markup.

You happen to be very lucky.
I have just found one of my original ones I removed.

The square section measures 1.9mm x 2.36mm
Length is as in the photo

I am an electrician and would usually try and source the terminals separately but for the cost and ease I would still buy these from Volvo.
They come pre crimped to about 6" of wire.
So with the Volvo ones you can be sure the crimp is correct and good, the length of wire is ready to solder to the car wiring.
You would also need the correct crimp tool
And you can be sure they are actually the correct terminals for the housing and will correctly lock into the plastic housing securely. It would be a shame to buy terminals, have the hassle of fitting them and still have issues ??? Even volvo have so many different terminals and many look similar but are slightly different to each other.
I was also told these terminals are an "upgrade" / "Higher spec" from the originals
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0542.jpg (121.8 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by IainG; Jan 16th, 2024 at 21:41.
The Following User Says Thank You to IainG For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 23:57   #9
joellillencamp

Quote:
Hi All

I want to try this on 2010 xc 90. Do you just pull old terminal connections. They come out of connector by pulling out? As per Clan's directions?

Thanks for getting back. I didn't see the photos that you mentioned
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 12:13   #10
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
Quote:
Thanks for getting back. I didn't see the photos that you mentioned
Photos are in the first post in this thread.

I also posted a link to the thread with more photos

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=328267

Might be worth reading through this thread and also the one in the link then you will have all the information I have.

Quote:
I want to try this on 2010 xc 90
all this information I have posted is for the V50 and relevant to mine in particular (2005) I have no idea if any other cars/platforms use the same terminals or plugs and sockets. You will have to find that out. The dealer said they do many other repair terminals so I assume this one is not a "standard" terminal across the different platforms.