Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

98 V70R manual for spares or project?

Views : 976

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 26th, 2014, 07:04   #1
CHR15E
Chris

Default 98 V70R manual for spares or project?

Hi all, long story short I have my V70R back as my mate can no longer afford to buy it off me as planned.

He had another V70 off me a while back and had the R as a donor as it needed work. I did put it on ebay a while back and someone agreed to buy it and then went quiet. So to get it out my way my mate had it.

I now want it out the way again.

This is a pic from a while back, though I must stress it doesn't look like this now. I'll add more pics later or tomorrow when I get round my mates for some up to date ones.

Known differences from this pic to present:

- Comets have been sold and is sat on 4 mixed V70 alloys with varying states of rubbish tyres.

- Due to the brakes not fitting under 15" wheels the passenger brake has been taken off and the pipe blanked at the ABS pump. Drivers wheel has a 16" Perfo on it. Only one I had at the time.

- The rear crash cans have been taken off when the towbar was swapped over to the other V70 as they were found to be rotten. So the bumper is on but not fitted properly.

Here's a copy of the ebay ad I wrote a few months back which covers everything else I know about the car while I've had it, to save me writing it out.

Because I decided to get another car out the blue it is actually still MOT'd till the 10th of March 2015!

Mileage 185,000

Faults:

- There's a bad oil leak at the back of the engine which gets on the exhaust and smells after a while of driving. My mechanic friend told me he thinks it's the turbo but I haven't looked into it further if I'm honest. I've simply topped it up and lived with it.

- In the last few weeks the car is starting to wander under moderate/hard acceleration. Based on previous V70s I've had I suspect the bottom arms have seen better days.

- The handbrake on the passenger side stopped working just after the MOT but with so long left on it I haven't touched it yet. No idea what's happened.

- The air con doesn't work, I did have it gassed just after I bought it and it lasted a few months but is empty again so I haven't bothered with it since.

- I've started to swap the interior from beige to black but got side tracked part way through. I'll add more pictures later but the front seats, door cards, centre console, steering wheel, rear seat base and boot floor are from a black V70R interior. Everything else is still beige. I have the dash etc and it will all come with the car to finish it off.

- There are some marks on the car as to be expected, the worst is the front bumper and rust and a dent on the bonnet.

Good bits:

It does have some pluses. It's had a Rica chip fitted in the past and goes very well. A previous owner also fitted braided brake hoses, decat front pipe and a Volvo strut brace.

I've been very honest here and listed a lot of negatives about the car. While realistically with the other bits missing since I listed it, it may only be a parts car now. Though if you had the other bits and some time and cash it could see the road again maybe?

As it stands it will drive though I wouldn't recommend it with the removed caliper. So ideally you'd be looking at trailering it or similar.

A lot to take in I know and the other pics will help a lot, which I'll add asap. Just wanted to see if anyone did want it before I book a slot for it to be collected and weighed in.

I'm in Sutton In Ashfield which is J28 on the M1 for anyone needing to work out travelling.

Lastly price. I was thinking £400 ono?

07 Mondeo ST TDCi Estate
03 Astra 1.6 Active
CHR15E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 07:09   #2
scvolvo
Premier Member

Sold, let me look into collection first, via shiply, just incase it costs the earth.

But I'm sure there won't be a problem if I can't get it here, someone else will snap it up.
scvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 07:16   #3
scvolvo
Premier Member

Pmd you
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 17:01   #4
CHR15E
Chris

I've nicked round my mates and grabbed these pictures of it.

07 Mondeo ST TDCi Estate
03 Astra 1.6 Active
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 22:42   #5
nottsgreent5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scvolvo View Post
Sold, let me look into collection first, via shiply, just incase it costs the earth.

But I'm sure there won't be a problem if I can't get it here, someone else will snap it up.
If you pass on it steve i could be intrested
nottsgreent5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 23:06   #6
scvolvo
Premier Member

It's only parts I'm after, but hopefully it should be gone over the weekend gonna split it with Shem as he needs some parts as well and is local to the car.
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 23:53   #7
nottsgreent5

Oakie dokie no worries mate just spoke to him about it lol
nottsgreent5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2014, 17:30   #8
CHR15E
Chris

The car is now sold, thanks Steve and Shem.

07 Mondeo ST TDCi Estate
03 Astra 1.6 Active
Old Sep 28th, 2014, 17:32   #9
tc
VOC Member

Aw balls, would have ripped your arm off for this if I'd noticed it sooner..
tc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2014, 17:57   #10
CHR15E
Chris

Just as well then, I've grown quite attached to them over the years.

07 Mondeo ST TDCi Estate
03 Astra 1.6 Active