Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 D5 SE Blue 2002/52 160k Manual

Views : 2643

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 16:51   #11
littlehomer
Master Member

Drool.

I'd love it. Need something bigger than the V40.

Out of our price range sadly!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but would you know if what you've experienced is common?

Good luck with the sale.

Many Thanks,

Daniel
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 17:13   #12
The Hooded Claw
Owner Volvovehiclesclub

Location: Choosing which Volvo to go out in Today !!! lex parsimoniae

Quote:
but would you know if what you've experienced is common?

With regards to the "faults" the OP has had repaired ?????

the Dual Mass flywheel is a Bitch & Whoever "invented" it (coz its as much use as a one legged man at an Arse kicking Contest) wants hanging by his Testicles from the nearest tall tree

The DMF is probs "THE" dearest thing to go FUBAR on a manual apart from that everything else is "Chicken Feed"

Keith
1994 960 CD 3.0 Estate ("The Purple Monster")
VOC 25900 lex parsimoniae
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 18:28   #13
pete_rallye

Agree with the above. I spoke to LUK's technical department when I did it to see if I could test the old one, must say they were very very helpful. The guy said there was no way it was on it's original DMF on 154k, and that people usually have to have them changed around the 80k mark. For the difference they make compared to a solid flywheel, I'd be more than happy with a solid lifetime lasting one! I have seen pictures of people welding the old one up so it is effectively a single mass, didn't really fancy that though.

Quite a few of the other bits seem common too, the alarm siren seems to affect a lot of cars getting towards 10 years old, and I've seen a few threads regarding noisy gearboxes, not that many though. The wheel bearings were changed in pairs, although only one front, and one rear ever got noisy, and never failed completely. ARB drop links were changed when I did the box as the old ones didn't want to come off, so I had to cut them off, pretty common on all cars that. The wishbone bushes were shot, but rubber perishes unfortunately, even more so on our heavily salted roads, so I would expect any car getting on a bit to need them sooner or later.

Its a great car, I have loved it, but I have now insured and taxed my replacement Mondeo, which isn't as nice or as well built, or worth as much! I have no doubt I will return to a V70 one day, maybe when prices come down a bit on the new XC70's, quite fancy one of them!
pete_rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 21:36   #14
Rubic cube

Default dmf

The guy said there was no way it was on it's original DMF on 154k, and that people usually have to have them changed around the 80k mark. ForIm pushing my luck now .When i bought my car it was on 176000 I phoned volvo jonson in Gloucester 3years ago now .Lady named Shantelle sent me a print out of my car before i bought it .they serviced the car from new I didnt buy the car of them but they were very helpful .Its now on 193000 touchwood So im on borrowed time i think . ps top line of this script is of other post
Rubic cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 23:14   #15
Chesh740R
Turbobricker

Is there any Road Tax left on the vehicle???
Chesh740R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 11:50   #16
pete_rallye

Hi, there is currently no tax on the vehicle, been meaning to SORN it. I will include 6 months tax, or equivalent discount on the car though. Not quite sure how it will work as the car is no longer insured either, so it will need taxing once the new owner has insured it. I have the tax renewal form so can tax it over the internet in a few minutes.
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 13:23   #17
pete_rallye

Hi to the person who pm'd me. Apparently I can only send pm's to Admin until I have 30 posts. If you can pm me your number and a good time to ring you then I'll give you a ring!

Thanks, Pete
Old Nov 20th, 2011, 21:02   #18
pete_rallye

Now sold!