Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

fuel tank sender

Views : 915

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 29th, 2008, 13:13   #1
gary austin

Talking fuel tank sender

hi having trouble finding a 240 glt tank sender anyone got one that they would sell me many thanks gary
gary austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 03:09   #2
dodger
Dodger

I hunted for a year to try to get one for my 240 Torslanda estate, I'm not sure if your GLT is the same. Their position on top of the tank allows crud to build up and rot them and even if they are reasonably sound ham fisted breakers' gorillas will ruin them when trying to take them off. A breaker on the web (247 spares I think) offered me one for about £70 but a photo showed it to be corroded on the pipes so I didn't chance it. In the end I paid £170 for a new one - that probably has to be the worst rip-off I've ever encountered when you see what you actually get for the mopney.

The problem with mine was the wire terminals on the top rotted away but the pipes too were very weak and only a slight disturbance when removing (surgical precision rather than brute force) caused one to fracture. I decided that it was the sort of thing I could actually repair in future but having bought the new one I just fitted it as the lady of the house needed the vehicle on a daily basis.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 10:46   #3
gary austin

thanks dodger ive tried to source an old one but i think i will have to buy a new one but i will try usa because its way cheeper than here just a longer wait for it to come thanks gary
gary austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 10:02   #4
zogglez

I may have one in my shed of other odds and ends... If you are still interested, let me know, and I'll search it out for you, this one came off a '91 245GL Lambda type.
zogglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 21:29   #5
zogglez

Hello, I have got a sender, all complete, does not appear to have rust, cable has been cut, there is about a foot of cable though.
zogglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 15:00   #6
Jeff

Smile Sender unit

I have one that I bought for my 1987 Volvo and the lost the car in the 2007 floods, and never got chance to use it, I paid £20.00 for it but whatever the postage is you can have it for the same price
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote