Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Rear Seat Removal

Views : 12503

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 31st, 2016, 04:11   #1
Pdreynolds

Default XC60 Rear Seat Removal

Hi All,

Driving with our 16' XC60 a bottle of red wine managed to break and empty into the rear seat.

Does anyone know how to remove the rear seat?

They are heated, so I suppose there is a wire harness in there somewhere tp remove also.

Thanks
Pdreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pdreynolds For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 31st, 2016, 05:23   #2
Pdreynolds

Default Rear Seat Removal

Found my answer. There are two tabs under the side of the seat. Each tab is located on the right and left sides near the front facing portion of the seat. If you slide in a slotted screwdriver and push the black tabs inward while pulling upwards, the seat will come out.

There are two wiring connectors on each side.
Pdreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pdreynolds For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 22nd, 2019, 20:29   #3
HDAV
Master Member

In the dark and rain trying to find these tabs to remove vomit any pictures of where to put screwdriver???

Found them.... bower now I have the base up there is a multilingual plug unattached on the passenger side? Seat occupancy sensors ? If left disconnected will alarm constantly?

Will add pictures in the morning but FYI they are under the outside rod the rear passenger outer knee and quite stiff

Last edited by HDAV; Nov 22nd, 2019 at 21:20. Reason: Additional details (not about the vomit)
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2019, 20:24   #4
HDAV
Master Member

Seat base shown removed you can see the front clips and tabs you need to push inwards to release...

What the the yellow ended connector tho doesn’t have a home at the moment????
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2D382877-83CF-4186-8A2B-9673FA0F7060.jpeg (28.9 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpeg BC7DFFC7-EFF1-4518-8175-D5A18F5402F9.jpeg (28.4 KB, 219 views)
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2019, 23:25   #5
thanks4thefish42

Default rear seat removal clips!

Just got a new for me XC60 2011 and you remember that garlic sauce on the pasta from the meal we were taking home. Well it did spill on the back seat. Luckily I found this post and was able to locate the clips. They are about 1" forward of the plastic trim on the bottom side of the seat. Where it meets the carpet. I put a little mark there to help with the next person. Love the XC60. Tows my motocross bikes and trailer easily up steep hills. If you see the black plastic rectangle depress that slightly and lift at the same time. Ezeepeazy (Bob is actually my uncle) Thank you internet.

Last edited by thanks4thefish42; Nov 26th, 2019 at 23:26. Reason: add
thanks4thefish42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2020, 02:46   #6
Whiff70

Hello could you help I'm really struggling to remove my seat where a mouse decided it would be funny to chew through it.....for some reason i cannot load the pictures from this post...any help would be greatly appreciated
Whiff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 19:45   #7
manxc60

ive just taken my rear seat out of a 2009 today its quite simple, just get a reasonable length screwdriver use it to feel about between the seat and the carpet, towards the doors, pull the seat up from the front near the screwdriver, when u push in with the screwdriver

when do do get the seat off check andif u have a moonroof for any damp on the sound proofing, including the black foam dampproofing near the back of the rear door, and rear back seat, if so proberly need your rear sunroof drains clearing

ive put up an public album under my profile name

Last edited by manxc60; Jan 18th, 2020 at 19:58.
manxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 19:51   #8
manxc60

[QUOTE=HDAV;2574516]In the dark and rain trying to find these tabs to remove vomit any pictures of where to put screwdriver???

Found them.... bower now I have the base up there is a multilingual plug unattached on the passenger side? Seat occupancy sensors ? If left disconnected will alarm constantly?

Will add pictures in the morning but FYI they are under the outside rod the rear passenger outer knee and quite stiff[/QUOTE

i have lifted my seat today, have the same but i dont think the got disconnected in lifting the seats , so proberly spare on the loom for some option my xc60 hasnt got
manxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear seat