Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

intank fuel pump

Views : 7635

Replies : 227

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 30th, 2019, 08:18   #121
aardvarkash10
Master Member

popcorn depleted and insufficient to support the entertainment value here.

I'm throwing a few snags and a couple more shrimps on the barbie and settling in with a few brews for this one....

aardvarkash10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aardvarkash10 For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2019, 13:44   #122
omc 47
VOC Member

So .................page 13 has appeared.......what lies ahead on this page is anyone's guess.........!!

Page 13 and a "few brews" are not a good mix normally but there are exceptions!!

Cheers

Last edited by omc 47; May 30th, 2019 at 13:47.
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2019, 15:55   #123
atco

Default fuel pump

hi dave its very possible that is the culprit.only due the fuel pump making a screeming noise and then packing up that i put a new pump and changed the relay for the first time was green.because it was not starting the mob machanic said to firstly change the relay so i bought a new green one and thats whats on the car at the moment.if i remember thinking back i took the white one apart and had a look and the green one is diff from the green one inside so is that the difference between the two models.now i no that the pump is not the prob then ill get a white one.iff you can suggest a part number for that ill be very gratefull.thanks
atco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 16:25   #124
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atco View Post
hi dave its very possible that is the culprit.only due the fuel pump making a screeming noise and then packing up that i put a new pump and changed the relay for the first time was green.because it was not starting the mob machanic said to firstly change the relay so i bought a new green one and thats whats on the car at the moment.if i remember thinking back i took the white one apart and had a look and the green one is diff from the green one inside so is that the difference between the two models.now i no that the pump is not the prob then ill get a white one.iff you can suggest a part number for that ill be very gratefull.thanks
Before you go spending more money on parts, can you get some engine bay photos please? I'm not convinced it is a B230E and so far we've gone round in circles because we can't be sure.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 20:53   #125
atco

Default fuel pump

yes ive got lots of photos but dont at this stage realy no how to put them on the forum.mm but its saying its a 230e on the timing belt stickers on the front of the cover and its a injection so the mob machanic tels me.im going to have a little dabbel with those photos.ok
Old May 30th, 2019, 21:23   #126
atco

Default fuel pump

yes ive got lots of photos but dont at this stage realy no how to put them on the forum.mm but its saying its a 230e on the timing belt stickers on the front of the cover and its a injection so the mob machanic tels me.im going to have a little dabbel with those photos.ok
Old May 30th, 2019, 21:28   #127
atco

Default fuel pump

have i got to do something special to get these photos on this forum
Old May 30th, 2019, 22:01   #128
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

There's a B230E, B230ET and a B230F, all injection and three different types - that's without going into other designations!

When you are posting, in the top of the box you type in there is a series of things across the top, Fonts, Sizes a large letter "A", a smiley face and then a paperclip - click the paperclip and then upload your photos from there, it tells you how.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 22:06   #129
omc 47
VOC Member

OK......go to "post reply" as if you are going to write a post then scroll down to "manage attachments" and click.......this brings up a box with 5 "browse" boxes.
Click the 1st browse box.....this takes you to your complete listings on your computer which should include photos....IF you have taken the pictures and stored them this is where they will be.
Next move is to select a picture and click on it this will then indicate an option to "open" the box which you then click which should transfer the image to the Volvo forum page that you are working from with your post.
The browse No 1 box will then Confirm that your image is transfered by a number in the box.
To select an image for browse box 2 you just do it all over again.......simples !!

Jeeese l need a lie down in a darkened room.............goodnight all.
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2019, 22:09   #130
aardvarkash10
Master Member

this thread - its the gift that keeps on giving!

aardvarkash10 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aardvarkash10 For This Useful Post: