Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Crieff 27th September/Alexandria 25th October

Views : 3837

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 25th, 2009, 13:29   #21
hamishw
Ovlov

we will be attending on sunday and no doubt i will bring some homebakes....

Michelle'elise and hamish

Last edited by hamishw; Sep 25th, 2009 at 13:31.
hamishw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hamishw For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 13:32   #22
hamishw
Ovlov

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev240 View Post
Just a wee reminder the next meeting of the Scottish Section will be held at the Crieff Visitors Centre, Muthill Road, Crieff, PH7 4HO on Sunday 27th September at 13:00.
The October meet has been scheduled for the 'Cars of the Stars' Exhibition in Alexandria, on Sunday 25th October, further details to follow.
Cheers,
Kevin.

sorry got a little confused when trying to leave a message....

Last edited by hamishw; Sep 25th, 2009 at 13:34.
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 13:35   #23
hamishw
Ovlov

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_ovlov View Post
kev,

terribly sorry but i am now definately unable to make the crieff meet- as i will be at a local car show with my car.

its getting returned to full glt spec for this so losing the later alloys and clear indicators.

and it will probably remain like this for some time as i wont have any time to do anything on it.

however heres the reasoning behind my problems- i start university on the 22nd. and am only back the following weekend simply for the car show. otherwise glt is going sorn, under a car cover and tucked away at the back of my uncles garage.

however it will still be insured and taxed till end of november so at present time i see no reason why i shouldnt be able to make alexandria. and id really like to show off my car to everyone especially as its changed a great deal since the last voc outing- pitlochry run.

anyway all the best and fingers crossed ill be able to see you soon(ish)

Nick
It's a shame that you can not come. It would have been nice to see you, your dad and also your car. : ( We are going to this one to show of the 480's nice new paintwork and i might take some home made cakes also. Any way you must have passed your exams as you are off to uni so good luck. Are you going to study anything interesting???
Did your dad ever have any success with the thermaflow things????

Michelle'elise
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 14:38   #24
nick_ovlov
VOC20556

yes i know, id have liked to go too. as nobody had seen my car with the 940 auriga wheels, new headlight protectors. and of course heaps of new painted bits in the engine bay

would like to see your 480 hopefully at another meet. especially now its been painted

and that'll be the second time ive missed out on your cakes!

only passed 2 out of 4 of my exams this year but i had all the qualifications i needed anyway, 6th year was just for some extras. off to study a master degree in engineering!

as far as im aware my dad hasnt sold a thermaflow as yet, however he did go to a course thing in glasgow a month or so ago. think he still wants one in this house he's renovating just now.

anyhow i shall have to try and manipulate my diary to squeeze in a meet. wont have time to put my 940 alloys on though. back to running virgos just now as have a suspected bent rear panhard rod causing the wider wheels to rub the arch! so if i am able to make a meet ill be in a very standard glt.

anyway enough of me going on! will try my best to get to the next meet

Nick
Old Sep 25th, 2009, 17:10   #25
migrator
Aye - him again

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamishw View Post
we will be attending on sunday and no doubt i will bring some homebakes....

Michelle'elise and hamish

yeah yeah yeah ...

(Ouch - that's another knuckle ...)
VOC 11817
migrator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 00:29   #26
gary austin

Thumbs down crief

hi all dont think i will be attending ,my 240 is sick it went for its mot and failed on track rod end front flexy pipes 2 wiper blades and it has rot around the rear seat belt anchors under the wheel arches and rot along the cill and the floor where it meets the cill so its in the garage until next week as i nead the mot as its worth 2k towards a new car for my wife but i cant seem to want to do it i would rather break it for spares but you never know this will def be its last year on the road if i dont trade it in booooo cheers gary
gary austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 21:40   #27
kev240
Master Member

Smile

Hope your 240GLT's illness is not as terminal as it sounds and can be revived without too much financial input, it would be a shame for it to be broken for body parts, hope we see you soon.
Cheers,
kevin.
kev240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 21:44   #28
Dibble
VOC Member

Default Crieff tomorrow

Hi Kev., weather forecast good for tomorrow. S60 polished up and shouldn't get dirty between here and Crieff. I have your heater looked out and also a light switch in case you didn't get that other one.
See you all there.
Dibble
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2009, 21:53   #29
kev240
Master Member

Smile

Thanks Bob, hope I'm not raiding all your spares in one fell swoop, I am bringing along some 240 bits for members as well, it is good to help each other out.
Expecting 12/13 members to turn up, but hopefull there will be more, weather forecast is good, as you have said, so here's hoping for a good day.
Hope everyone has a safe and pleasent drive to the meet.
Cheers,
Kevin.
kev240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 07:41   #30
nick_ovlov
VOC20556

Well I hope everyone has a good day here, I'm off with my heavily cleaned and polished/ waxed glt to a classic car show. Leaving soon

hoping to make Alexandria though! Insurance mileage on glt isn't great right now only got 60 miles left! To last till November, will have to see about increasing it

all the best and enjoy your day,
nick