Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

tyres

Views : 754

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 1st, 2009, 12:48   #1
SpeedyChic

Default tyres

Hi i am looking for some new tyres but not sure who to go to, at the moment i am looking online as it seems to be cheaper to buy tyres that way. Can anyone help me please?
SpeedyChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 13:04   #2
davew

Hi And welcome to the forum.

I am sure there are plenty of members on here who would love to help with your question, but you may stand a better chance if you put a post in the area for your make and model of car.

This area is for people who have queries surronding LPG, so is only visited by a limited number of members.

If you view the main page of the forum, (click this link)

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php

And find the area which best describes your car and then ask on that one, there will be plenty of people their who can offer advise.
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 13:09   #3
capt jack
VOC Member

Think you might have wandered into the wrong bit of the forum, but no matter!

Our local ATS are very good, but sometimes it's worth a phone call to the local main Volvo dealer - they can be surprisingly competitive.

Also, most of the big quick-fit companies have a web site where you can enter the reg of your car and give an on-line quote.

Prices can vary a lot depending on the tyre, and you do have to be a bit careful if the fitter suddenly 'discovers' worn brakes or suspension as he's fitting the new tyres - it could very well be a bit of a job-creation ruse.

I'd suggest making a note of the tyre size - it will be embossed in large digits into the side walls of the present tyres - and then ringing round a couple of quick-fit garages locally, plus the nearest main dealer, and ask for a price. Generally it's best to fit new tyres in axle sets, or all four together. Ask the fitter to show you the old tyres and to explain any uneven wear. It may be a good idea to get the front wheel alignment checked at the same time - it'll make the new tyres last longer.

Above all, don't be pushed into making a decision if you're not sure. Don't be afraid to say 'I'll go away and think about it'!

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote