Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240 blower/heater.

Views : 1458

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 5th, 2019, 12:10   #11
Clifford Pope
Not an expert but ...

You can't have everything, but it would help. The circular one on the landrover has a fan behind it, 2 flaps for general heating, and two air hose outlets.
Clifford Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clifford Pope For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 21:09   #12
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

The secondary heater idea is very interesting. Like the heater in Morris Minors and such like. Would it be difficult to fit the air ducts from the LR heater so they supply fan assisted heat to the Volvo floor and screen?

Depends what the problem is. If the issue is the fan in the Volvo heater, I'd be inclined to clear the glass by wiping it &c. while the engine warms up, and then rely on air flow by driving along so no need for the fan except in traffic?

I should hate to drive a car in winter without a heater. I once "helped out" a friend by bypassing a troublesome heater hose in winter .... they reported back that their cold journey was awful.

Last edited by Stephen Edwin; Dec 5th, 2019 at 21:12.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 06:16   #13
c1800
Master Member

Or in - 40, in my ‘62 Amazon, the vinyl seats unforgiving, my head hitting the headliner, and using the snow scraper on the inside of the windscreen.....it warmed up a few months later....

Last edited by c1800; Dec 6th, 2019 at 07:17.
c1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to c1800 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 13:28   #14
Bugjam1999
Master Member

Wire and plumb in a separate heater? By the time you’ve done that you’d be at least over half way through replacing the original fan!

Don’t over think it- sure it’ll take you a while, but it shouldn’t be viewed as a mythical Herculean task. I can try and find time to write up some notes/how-to if anyone is interested.

Cheers
Bugjam1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2019, 16:21   #15
AndrewBrown

Did my first heater job when I was 15

my Fathers 264 burst the heater matrix I thought it was quite an easy job considering the position of it

Didn't take too long to do, you want to do the heater fan on a "modern" car if you want something to worry about Just get stuck in and don't try to cut corners with it, that will come back and **** you off later on
AndrewBrown is offline   Reply With Quote