Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Corona spare time

Views : 4835

Replies : 104

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 27th, 2020, 10:29   #31
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSaintJames View Post
Any other NHS or otherwise key workers on here?
I don't know how many more there are but Forrest (further up the thread) says he's a maintenance engineer in a food factory. That makes him a key worker as food and the supply of it (as far as i'm aware by what's been said) is a necessity.

Fairly sure i saw a couple on here as well who work in Bristol for the NHS, i'm sure there are plenty of you!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 11:21   #32
skippyfox
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
I don't know how many more there are but Forrest (further up the thread) says he's a maintenance engineer in a food factory. That makes him a key worker as food and the supply of it (as far as i'm aware by what's been said) is a necessity.

Fairly sure i saw a couple on here as well who work in Bristol for the NHS, i'm sure there are plenty of you!
Just a quick one Laird Scooby got things a little wrong. Forrest works in IT for NHS. If that goes down we will be in a pickle. I'm in factory maintenance, keeping things running at work. Luckily the wife being the company financial director can do a lot of her work from home. As for the self employed, I do feel for you all, a few of my mates are self employed in the building sector and are having to sit it out. After a couple of days, the novelty of mooching round the garden and having a cheeky beer, has worn off bloody rapidly.

Skippyfox.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 11:41   #33
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
Just a quick one Laird Scooby got things a little wrong. Forrest works in IT for NHS. If that goes down we will be in a pickle. I'm in factory maintenance, keeping things running at work. Luckily the wife being the company financial director can do a lot of her work from home. As for the self employed, I do feel for you all, a few of my mates are self employed in the building sector and are having to sit it out. After a couple of days, the novelty of mooching round the garden and having a cheeky beer, has worn off bloody rapidly.

Skippyfox.
My mistake, sorry! I read both of your posts in quick succession and obviously confused the pair of you - no offence intended!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 14:53   #34
skippyfox
VOC Member

None taken Laird Scooby
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 15:20   #35
360beast
Go redblock or go home

I dug a pond! Now to get some sand before the liner goes in... oh wait everywhere is shut, ohhhhhh sugar!
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 16:04   #36
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
I dug a pond! Now to get some sand before the liner goes in... oh wait everywhere is shut, ohhhhhh sugar!
Firepit ??
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 16:38   #37
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
What you've got there Luke, without the sand and liner is what's technically called a BFO Hole!

Shame you're so far away and travel is restricted, you could have had my share of the local sand!

The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 16:46   #38
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Haha, well the dog is enjoying the hole, however it's not quite as deep as it was before as she has been pushing the pile of dirt back in to the hole!
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 18:18   #39
Ian21401
Premier Member

Dogs are really helpful in the garden aren’t they. We used to have a lawn in our back garden. The previous lab. started the damage with his pee when he was receiving chemo. for Lymphoma. His replacement is a “scraper”. He seriously excavates with his back legs after peeing. That which was previously a lawn is now a patch of grass and mud and very difficult to mow.
I have a long list of jobs to do, garden, house and car but I’m having difficulty finding the enthusiasm and energy to do any of them when in the past I would have just rolled from one to the next. I must make an effort and get to it whilst confined.
Sorry about the moan but I had to let it out.
Stay safe and well everyone.

Since 2005: 1992 Volvo 940 estate 2.0L. Manual. Daily driver and workhorse.
Ian21401 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian21401 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2020, 18:22   #40
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian21401 View Post
Dogs are really helpful in the garden aren’t they. We used to have a lawn in our back garden. The previous lab. started the damage with his pee when he was receiving chemo. for Lymphoma. His replacement is a “scraper”. He seriously excavates with his back legs after peeing. That which was previously a lawn is now a patch of grass and mud and very difficult to mow.
I have a long list of jobs to do, garden, house and car but I’m having difficulty finding the enthusiasm and energy to do any of them when in the past I would have just rolled from one to the next. I must make an effort and get to it whilst confined.
Sorry about the moan but I had to let it out.
Stay safe and well everyone.
Better weather tomorrow Ian so I'm sure you will feel more like it then !!

I have a list as long as both arms and can't wait for the weekend And the added bonus of longer evenings from Sunday
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post: