Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Forum advice

Views : 4200

Replies : 70

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 30th, 2011, 21:07   #11
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
And that comment has what to do with my original post?
You want people to put car details up, yes?

You yourself may have managed that step to a reasonable level, (10 out of 10 for effort) but it is lacking in the "clarity" department.

I'm unsure where 1 mod ends and another begins!
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 21:21   #12
The Hooded Claw
Owner Volvovehiclesclub

Location: Choosing which Volvo to go out in Today !!! lex parsimoniae

Oh GOD Please NO MORE ..... I'm CRYING Here!!!!

But I MUST SEE yer "Airbox Headlights! ... WOT AN AWESOME MOD!!! Are they Neons & do they change colour ??? ..... Does it make the car go faster if the "Airbox Headlights" are Green & Slower if they are RED

& have you fitted a "Flux capacitor" & does it attain the 1 Point twenty one Gig-a-watt Amplitude it requires fer Time Travel (if so PLEASE travel back in time to BEFORE you started this thread & THINK VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE you hit the "POST NEW THREAD" Button)

HONEST Snippets of advise like this ^^^^^^^^^^ could save your bacon on many a dark October Sunday evening !!!
1994 960 CD 3.0 Estate ("The Purple Monster")
VOC 25900 lex parsimoniae

Last edited by The Hooded Claw; Oct 30th, 2011 at 21:28.
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Hooded Claw For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 21:44   #13
The Hooded Claw
Owner Volvovehiclesclub

It has just been pointed out to me by a close friend & fellow forum member that my Above post ^^^^^^^^^^ may be "Encouraging Lawlessness" due to the fact that (as everyone knows) for the OP's Flux Capacitor to "engage" it would necessitate him Exceeding the UK's maximum speed limit (70 MPH)

Quote from "The Pocket guide to Time Travel" as published by Penguin Books circa 2001

Quote:
ANY Vehicle fitted with a Flux capacitor MUST attain a speed of 88MPH in order for Time Travel to Commence
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 09:25   #14
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
This problem affects many here, as most answers have already been answered many times and how can people help when they have no clue of what car anyone is talking about?

This is mainly for those more in the know than me about these cars as i sit and read thier fustration.

I have reported myself to admin to check if theres anything that can be put up so all provide this information so it saves everyone repeating themselves all the time.
Sorry, your too late ha! ha!
i did this weeks ago and the answer was that you can`t get members to do it they will always do there own thing, also that this particular section of the forum is the least with admin on board

This was the reason i was mostly arsy ,trying to help people but they could never help themselves or make it easy

the result is i don`t answer much anymore so some that have a problem i know about have to suffer for a while until it`s answered by someone else

if they can`t ask properly they get no proper answer simples

i don`t mind re- answering questions but to ask what model car they want information about is bloody stupid if i have to then ask them, i don`t care about them that much so now they don`t get a reply

OK, so all you lot at the moment that are rediculing Dogbook i don`t see you all helping others very much but you can take the **** out of members which are only trying not to clog up the system with crap and you come along the same as me now clogging up the system with crap that members don`t want to read

You lot can`t live and let live you just have to slag off something or someone you all disgree with

ok, so now have a go at me as i have said enough for you to warrant a torrent of abuse

your all as guilty as hell with the signatures all in colours they are still all out of date 11yr old motors you swag about

Get Real or grow up

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Last edited by 960kg; Oct 31st, 2011 at 09:41.
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 09:52   #15
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 960kg View Post

your all as guilty as hell with the signatures all in colours they are still all out of date 11yr old motors you swag about

Get Real or grow up
Engaging TORRENT_OF_ABUSE_MODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 960kg Signature

V40 T4 CD 1998

S40 Sport 1.8 2001
Both also "out of date" and one of those is older than 11 Years old!

Let the fun begin?

As you've noticed, "active" members of the forums have their car details in their signatures. Its the "newbies" who only come on to ask 1 question and never return that don't do it. The best you can do is help them out, make them feel welcomed and hope they decide to stick around. Then, maybe over time, they will add their car to their signature.

If you hit the "User CP" in the Top Left you'll see there is another way of entering car details too, and this actually shows on your profile but not your signature.

Last edited by JamesV70R; Oct 31st, 2011 at 09:58.
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 09:59   #16
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villan View Post
Engaging TORRENT_OF_ABUSE_MODE

Both also "out of date" and one of those is older than 11 Years old!

Let the fun begin?
This is exactly what i was looking for you do really have the brain of a termite

I wasn`t even talking about my motors or saying they are up to date cars

I don`t SWAGGER about what i have they are there so that if i have a problem helpers notice what i own

But you can`t even work that out can you!!

i have had more performance cars than you have had hot dinners but i do not swagger about them

Further more you was probably still in your Dad`s ball bag while i was Rallying in my Lotus Cortina but i won`t swagger anymore

Bring it on that`s what i say

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 10:05   #17
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Whats the old saying - "Do not feed the trolls" ?
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 11:52   #18
960kg
Premier Member

Ooooh yeh!

Old Oct 31st, 2011, 11:59   #19
pphilpot
Premier Member

Actually, I've knocked 960kg in the past for his abruptness, but actually I've more sympathy with it now! He gives good advice, so I'm glad he's around.
pphilpot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pphilpot For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 13:05   #20
The Hooded Claw
Owner Volvovehiclesclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilpot View Post
Actually, I've knocked 960kg in the past for his abruptness, but actually I've more sympathy with it now! He gives good advice, so I'm glad he's around.
its not WHAT you DO/SAY... its HOW YOU SAY IT

& as for "Ragging a Lotus Cortina about" !!!! Would that be a Mark 1 or Mark 2 ???

Of the two I much preferred the Mark 1 with its slightly longer wheelbase, & lower windscreen Rake, the mark 2 was far more "Boxy" had a much higher Windscreen rake & did tend to be a little "Tail Happy" + in the Mark 1 it was possible to install an Extra Bar within the roll cage (due to the extra length of the body) there-by giving the driver (ME!!!) extra protection.

Quote:
i don`t see you all helping others very much but you can take the **** out of members
Further, as far as Villian & myself (us being the main protagonists here) NOT "Helping" other members/posters ect..... I would respectfully request that you actually READ some of the HUNDREDS of post we both have written in reply to various requests for help, BEFORE making CRASS comments that we "Take the P!SS ALL THE TIME"

have a Nice day

P.S. That "BUG" running about in yer Sig ... what engine does that have in then ??? .... Oh!! hang on it for people to "Know" what you have isn't it !! .... So Now we ALL know ...................YOU GOT A BUG UP YER ASS!!!!

Last edited by The Hooded Claw; Oct 31st, 2011 at 13:11.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Hooded Claw For This Useful Post: