Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

400 Series General Forum for the Volvo 440, 460 and 480 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

turbonator

Views : 2536

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: would you buy one
Yes 1 6.25%
No 13 81.25%
More than one 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 11th, 2006, 15:00   #21
peteS40

Well I've got an even better solution than everything mentioned above....

... I might even take a photo of it later ....

I found a bit of old air ducting lying around the garage the other day, and have now fitted it to the intake of my S40's air box.....

Yes, PeteS40 International are proud to bring you "The Ductonator"!! (patent pending)

"The Ductonator" is carefully designed to pull the air from just the other side of the battery, rather than the standard intake pipe which gets it from the nearside wing.

As the incoming air is sourced from closer to the battery, the air will be charged with negative ions. Studies show* that this increases engine power since less spark plug voltage is required to detonate the air/fuel mixture.

(* This does not imply that any science has actually been used in any of our verification methods).

"The Ductonator": yours for only $99.99 *

(* purchase price does not include labour and additional parts (such as a piece of pipe) may be required)

Old Aug 11th, 2006, 21:35   #22
FIREBOLT
Master Member

I always carry a Dyson in my v40, it to creates a vortex & also benefits from no loss in suction unlike the Turbonator. As well as all the extra power gained from it I can also keep the interior spotlessly clean
FIREBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 23:07   #23
arbee
Yellow member

pmsl! I mean what a name!!! turbonator! wtf!
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 14:09   #24
doomvolvo
Volvo 440 2.0

Default the ultimate car

what with the turbonater the ductonator and my special tape surely we could build the fastest car ever made. I volunteer my transit van to make it more of a challenge

watch out bugatti were gunning for 280mph
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 15:59   #25
V70Dan

Wink

google turbonator scam and see whatya get <lol> Its a bit like all those well meaning friends who send you virus email warnings.. a quick search on the interweb is always good for a laff
V70Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 17:16   #26
timway
Snail Wars: A new shell

Cool The Snailonator

Forget the Turbonator, Ductonator and Dyson....

Timmy Vehicle Solutions are proud to present....

THE SNAILONATOR

Simply send a cheque for £297.95 to Timmy Vehicle Solutions and within 7-10 days you will receive a package containing a small snail.

Simply place the snail in the intake ducting and leave for 1-2 hours. The snail will slither over all the exposed surfaces, coating them with slime. Next time the car is used some of the slime particles will combine with the fuel air mixture to give an improved combustion, as pioneering research at the university of Luton has proved. Power is increased by up to 40%, and economy by up to 30%!

Best of all, this comes with a NO RISK MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with the perfomance of the SNAILONATOR, simply return the snail, still alive and in its original packaging and receive a FULL REFUND
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 20:28   #27
MissDMeanor
Corruption rules

Forget the Turbonator, Dyson, PeteS40 International doodah.....I have designed the ultimate in engineering guaranteed to...er....do something.

MissD introduces the:

Anileonator

This innovative and ingenuis design ensures that engines are cooled with waters exclusively from, and only from, The River Nile.

Yours for only £999.99
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 20:34   #28
IC
S60R/V70R

Last I heard they were using Pyramid selling to sell the Anileonator and they made no sails. I wouldn't bank on its success as apparantly the MD is a mummy's boy!

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

IC is offline   Reply With Quote