Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Weber carb linkage pics...

Views : 2814

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 17th, 2015, 10:17   #31
Derek UK
VOC Member

Cool

Yes, that's how I've seen it done. There is a member here with a blue Amazon/red wheels, that has it done in a similar way. Was at the Southern BKV at Atwell last year. Even the fuel inlet on the Weber works against you.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2015, 10:25   #32
Faust
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbunt View Post
http://www.cascadiaclassic.com/1966Volvo122-YG50.JPG

I thought I knew how to plumb the manifold from the pic that I've attempted to post here of a car from Cascadia last year. I believe it was the infamous $36k sale that turned into an $18k sale. They didn't plumb from that blanking plate but rather used a big loop of heater hose that made me shy away from doing or even considering it. Now that the blanking plate connection is out there to consider I really need a picture or at least a description of effective routing based on this picture? Need to do it right once and for all...

This is getting very interesting.
Infamous 36k sale? Must have missed that thread...

Anyway, that's the kind of image I was looking for to explain about the blanking plate.

I've used the 'long route of hose' method on my car. As I said earlier, it does work and it’s given me no issues but it is not necessarily correct, so I am going to address the issue soon (got a few more pressing jobs first, mind).

So, for clarity:

Water feed from the blanking plate using the correct adaptor (Webcon sell them on their website) into the front of the manifold (side closest to the radiator).

Feed from the back of the manifold (side near the bulkhead)

Cut the HCV lower hose in half

Use a T piece to join the 2 ends of this hose together - the feed from the back of the manifold joins on to the remaining connection.

Fill and bleed system. Swear loudly (scaring the cat) and bleed the system again. And again…

Drink beer and smoke cigarettes whilst admiring your handiwork (smoking & drinking is optional).
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2015, 11:13   #33
Bigbunt
Bigbunt

If you google "$36k volvo amazon bringatrailer" you'll see the "infamous sale" The real story is in the very large comments section which include the seller's account of the sale. Quite entertaining...

Faust, when you have the time I'd love to see the correct method, but I also have other things to square away, like the linkage that started this whole ball rolling. Just took a good look at the manifold; that is quite a chunk of metal that gets heated if you plumb it... Add to list.

I had to edit this because when I looked at what's left of this posting, most of the pictures are now gone. I have the original listing bookmarked on my computer and use them frequently because this car was immaculate. Tried copy and pasting the link but it wouldn't work for some reason. Will try to figure that out if anyone wants/needs a very vice example with Weber voluminously catalogued.

Last edited by Bigbunt; Mar 17th, 2015 at 11:27.
Bigbunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigbunt For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 00:03   #34
Darel

Sorry, still didn't look right to me. Jus checked my car and as I have the external oil cooler, the hard pipe to the oil cooler is attached where the blanking plate is in those pictures, and the hard pipe to the HCV hose at the rear of the engine comes off the other port. I'd have to do the "big floppy loop" method on my car, and as I just finished adding A/C I've already got enough rubber hoses snaking all over my engine compartment.

D
Old Mar 18th, 2015, 03:56   #35
Bigbunt
Bigbunt

Yeah, if you can run a hose from the plate to the manifold and back to the heater valve, that would be much cleaner. Braided stainless might be perfect there...a little protection from the exhaust manifold too...
Bigbunt is offline   Reply With Quote