Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking for a XC60 D5 Auto - any thoughts on these.

Views : 1837

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 8th, 2018, 20:51   #1
Keith A

Default Looking for a XC60 D5 Auto - any thoughts on these.

Currently on the lookout for a D5 awd auto with a budget of 15k.

Any thoughts on the below two?

Silver 62plate D5 Polestar SE Nav Lux http://r.ebay.com/o3X2yZ

Black 63plate D5 SE Nav Lux http://r.ebay.com/CzKQab

Need the awd and would rather the D5 as will be towing a 1700kg trailer and load around to race events.

Hoping that whatever I end up will be a bit more reliable than the Range Rover TDV8 that I just had to scrap due to a turbo failing and taking the engine with it (cost to repair was £9k minimum).

Any advice gratefully received.

Keith
Keith A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2018, 23:09   #2
PJordan

The second one - Black 63 plate looks really good, low mileage and in great condition with full Volvo service history. That is the one to go for out of the two.

The first one is not a facelift model as stated in the ad, but the second one is!
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 21:08   #3
Keith A

Well both of those have been sold when I called about them.

So next on the list is this one:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01808099312064

Seems to be sold by the used car part of Snows Group which has its volvo dealership next door.
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 22:52   #4
AndyJudge
Premier Member

The last one has a lot less toys on it that the 2nd one, but looks to be in good condition from the pics.

The 1st & the 3rd were facelift 1 cars, with the slightly changed interior than the 1st incarnation & IIRC slightly improved power output. Car 2 was an early 2nd facelift model without the internet connectivity & I think navigation updates via CD/DVD but I may be wrong.

I'd make sure you test the R design as some say the suspension is a bit on the hard side.

If you ask on the thread called VIN Check Spec please Marc at Bells Volvo will give you info on the spec & potentially some info about the service record.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyJudge For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 22:58   #5
Brankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJudge View Post
The last one has a lot less toys on it that the 2nd one, but looks to be in good condition from the pics.

The 1st & the 3rd were facelift 1 cars, with the slightly changed interior than the 1st incarnation & IIRC slightly improved power output. Car 2 was an early 2nd facelift model without the internet connectivity & I think navigation updates via CD/DVD but I may be wrong.

I'd make sure you test the R design as some say the suspension is a bit on the hard side.

If you ask on the thread called VIN Check Spec please Marc at Bells Volvo will give you info on the spec & potentially some info about the service record.
Map updates will be via usb
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 16:52   #6
Keith A

Went and viewed the 3rd one today and have put a deposit down on it and should pick it up Wed/Thu next week.

It is a 1 owner car from new and has always been serviced at Snows Volvo in Winchester, which is where the car is being sold from, but sold under their non-franchised used car company. I was able to see the full history of the car and they have confirmed that it has been very well maintained, but their inspection (they only got it yesterday) has highlighted a minor bits.

They're going to fit a new tyre (one is at 3mm vs 6mm for the others) and will keep it as a pirelli scorpion like the others. Other bits they're doing are a new battery, pads and discs all round and replacing the rear trailing arm bushes all of which will be done by the Volvo dealership, also had £500 off the list price. Didn't seem a bad deal at all.

The car drove very well indeed.

Only negatives are that there are a number of scratches that will need a detailer to remove (I can live with this for a little bit) one will probably need a touch up. It also doesn't have front parking sensors or electric seats.

Plus side is the history of the car, the interior is immaculate, well maintained, has DAB radio, power mirrors and power open/close boot.

Hope I have more success with this car than my last one.

Off to order a towbar now.
Old Aug 11th, 2018, 15:33   #7
Brankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith A View Post
Went and viewed the 3rd one today and have put a deposit down on it and should pick it up Wed/Thu next week.

It is a 1 owner car from new and has always been serviced at Snows Volvo in Winchester, which is where the car is being sold from, but sold under their non-franchised used car company. I was able to see the full history of the car and they have confirmed that it has been very well maintained, but their inspection (they only got it yesterday) has highlighted a minor bits.

They're going to fit a new tyre (one is at 3mm vs 6mm for the others) and will keep it as a pirelli scorpion like the others. Other bits they're doing are a new battery, pads and discs all round and replacing the rear trailing arm bushes all of which will be done by the Volvo dealership, also had £500 off the list price. Didn't seem a bad deal at all.

The car drove very well indeed.

Only negatives are that there are a number of scratches that will need a detailer to remove (I can live with this for a little bit) one will probably need a touch up. It also doesn't have front parking sensors or electric seats.

Plus side is the history of the car, the interior is immaculate, well maintained, has DAB radio, power mirrors and power open/close boot.

Hope I have more success with this car than my last one.

Off to order a towbar now.
What are you going to be towing?
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 09:16   #8
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJudge View Post

Deffo check an R Design before buying as the suspension is harder - also they usually have bigger wheels which also contribute to the hard ride, the matching low profile tyres are more expensive and don’t last as long....
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 09:49   #9
Keith A

Going to be towing this.

Old Aug 12th, 2018, 10:22   #10
Brankster

Now that's way cooler than towing a caravan