Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Lambda sensors

Views : 2770

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 19th, 2006, 13:16   #11
ivor940
Master Member

Hi Neil, As far as I know, the same pipes are fitted to a B230FT, so the procedure should be the same. BTW if you remove loom clip at the breather box, it makes the breather box easier to remove.
I did have a snag that the Turbo Inlet duct was split when I bought my car and the Lambda Light was on. It seemed that as there was a leak of air into the inlet ( which was not going through the AMM or MAF in the aircleaner box), the system saw an imbalance and so the light was lit. Once reset, it did not come on. However, during my recent snag with stalling, the lambda light did not light.

ivor940
ivor940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 13:22   #12
ivor940
Master Member

Hi, Neil, try:

http://www.brickboard.com/FAQ/700-90...neOBDCodes.htm

ivor940
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:02   #13
SashaG

Ivor,
thanks for the post above.
I feel my B200FT doesn't pull well from the low revs, and that's exactly the information I've been wondering about lately.

I just don't understand how come the volvo mechanics are not aware of what needs to be checked when someone complains about lacking power. I've been there a few weeks ago and I literally had to persuade the guy to clean the throttle body and the IAC (maybe they don't understand why someone would be keeping a 10 year old RWD car and not take a lease on a new V40).

Cheers,
Sasha
SashaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:45   #14
ivor940
Master Member

Hi Sasha, what miles (or kms ) are on car? Did you change the Fuel Pressure regulator or Main Fuel pump ( the one underneath the car) recently? Have you checked the ducts from the turbo outlet to the throttle valve for splits and condition?

ivor940
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 11:43   #15
SashaG

Hi Ivor,

the car has 190k km on it. I intend to change the main pump (got a new one really cheap ) and the fuel filter just this Saturday. The turbo hoses from turbo to inlet look oily, but not the air-box-to-turbo one.

BTW, the mechanic wants to charge me cca. 25 pounds for a Volvo fuel filter, is that an OK price?

Cheers,
Sasha
SashaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 12:20   #16
bogart
Master Member

Its probably about the norm for Volvo prices. Try and find a local filter dealer and ask for a Mann Hummel filter, part number you want is WK853. Are about £12 over here. In all probablility there is a good chance they are the makers for Volvo.

Regards
bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 14:06   #17
bogart
Master Member

Have done as Ivor suggested regarding crankcase ventilation cleaning. In process of reseating 1/2 pipe at turbo end managed to snap it about 3 inches along its length. Am going to replace with hose. Does it have to be this hard plastic or will any suitable hose do, and why is it insulated? Any idea how much new one is at Volvo and its part number? And finally what size is the flexible petrol hose at the fuel filter area?
Sorry for so many questions.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 20:08   #18
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Hi Bogart,

If you're talking about the pipe that goes over the top of the engine (from the 3 way plastic connector near the intake manifold to the large airbox-to-turbo pipe) and looks like a garden hose, then the replacement is no longer hard plastic - maybe Volvo finally realised that they're breaking far too often! It still has the outer insulation layer though.

List price is GBP17.00 and the part number for a B200FT and B230FT engine is 3507424 - IF this is the part you're referring to!

Last edited by RollingThunder; Feb 25th, 2006 at 20:17.
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 21:14   #19
bogart
Master Member

Yes it is. Well done there give that man a drink.

Regards
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 15:37   #20
sam99

i also have a 940 estate 2.3 turbo estate. I have some sort of sensor problem (or so i think) the car would be running fine, and without warning the engine dies. the lambde lamp has been on for a couple of weeks now. I have since been told that it might be the "cham phase sensor" which volvo never heard of! they call it a "impluse sensor". It is located directly below the distrubitor cap, and is a real difficult place to reach. I will replace it, but any advise would be greatly welcomed (excuse the typos)