Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2012 1.6 d2

Views : 2345

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 12th, 2019, 12:28   #11
DonaldD

Default 2012 1.6 d2

Thanks, nice to know it's a dry DPF.

Have dosed the fuel tank with some TRIPLE QX High Performance DPF Power clean to see if it'll help regen.

Will order a DICE as I'm also seeing Throttle measuring 100% with the Torque Pro app. The accelerator is working okay so not sure where that measurement is coming from.

I'm assuming a generic DICE clone from ebay will be okay for what I want.

Although I've seen some posts on here about someone who can supply a DICE that he's tested which might be a better option.

Will have a look at the pressure pipes when I get home tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey80 View Post
I would first check the pressure pipes and see if they are corroded or blocked. I would also advise to try and find someone with Vida or get hold of a copy for yourself as it's invaluable when it comes to checking your Volvo.

The DPF is a NON serviceable item on the D2 so doesn't need changing at 75k.

The old D4146T 1.6D is the one that needed changing at 75K with fluid top-ups at 35k.
DonaldD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DonaldD For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 12th, 2019, 12:35   #12
Petey80
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldD View Post
Thanks, nice to know it's a dry DPF.

Have dosed the fuel tank with some TRIPLE QX High Performance DPF Power clean to see if it'll help regen.

Will order a DICE as I'm also seeing Throttle measuring 100% with the Torque Pro app. The accelerator is working okay so not sure where that measurement is coming from.

I'm assuming a generic DICE clone from ebay will be okay for what I want.

Although I've seen some posts on here about someone who can supply a DICE that he's tested which might be a better option.

Will have a look at the pressure pipes when I get home tonight.
No problem.

I would say get it from Cheshired5 off here. That's where I got mine from. Here's his thread - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...253191&page=57

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Petey80 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 13th, 2019, 23:01   #13
piotrek

DonaldD - Car Scanner Elm OBD2 will show much more D2 parameters than Torque.
This app has access to over 70 parameters of D2 engine: DPF soot in grams, DPF pressure, coolant temp, engine oil temp, AT temp, EGR error, MAP, MAF, turbo boost, fuel injector corrections, battery state of charge, charging current, etc. (setup "Settings-Connection-Choose connection profile: Volvo D2)
App has profiles for 5-cylinder Volvo engines, and 4-cylinder VEA engines, too.
piotrek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to piotrek For This Useful Post: