Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Petrol injectors. A Godsend or a nightmare!

Views : 105027

Replies : 418

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2008, 23:29   #21
bb54
diy bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimathan View Post
Hi Wayne. Im sure it helps to some extent. What it won’t do however is remove the particulates that build up in the filter within the injector. They can only be removed by back flushing. Trust me on this, there is always loads of muck comes out. The fuel filters fitted to modern cars are very good but they don’t stop everything. In addition to the varnish type deposits, the moving parts of the injector become sluggish. This can make them slow to respond, making them stay open longer, or stay closed for longer. One thing I have noticed is that when they have been through the ultrasonic cleaner, they sound sharper or crisper. They also become more uniform when pattern testing at minimum demand at high revs. Say for instance when you just put your foot gently on the gas pedal at high speed. This makes the pick up smoother.
Think of it like flushing out a radiator. You can put all the correct chemicals in and drive around for a day or two, then flush it through with clean water. Then, when you decide its still not write, you take it off, shake it, and back flush it. You always get some more crud out of it.
Jim
cheers Jim,that wasnt a "im trying to catch you out" question by the way.
i regulary use injector cleaners as many people do and was wondering why these produdcts dont take care of my injectors.
i now know.
they only work in one direction
ill have mine in the post to you shortly mate.
i have a second set of blue injectors from a 96 auto T5, if they are of some use to you and you can do me a favour on the cleaning price they are yours.
ill send you my spare ones for cleaning and if you want another set ill send you the ones that are on my motor at the moment.
giz a pm if you would like them.

wayne

auto 96 T5
tweaked n ratted
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 23:41   #22
jimathan

Cheers Wayne. Ill read that again when IV had a drink lol! I lost count of the injectors there. Seriously, the more I get in stock, the less inconvenience it will be to those that are in a rush. Pm sent
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 23:56   #23
jimathan

Default Sending Injectors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please take note. To anyone sending injectors, will you please wrap them properly? They should be wrapped individually and taped, then all wrapped together to prevent rattling around. Also take care removing the “O” ring from the nozzle end. Do NOT lever them over the pintle cap! Finally, a return address would be most helpful.

Also can you please label any injectors you are donating accordingly otherwise you may get the wrong ones back. Thanks

Jim

Last edited by jimathan; Jan 25th, 2008 at 00:07.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 23:58   #24
Mark480
Loser

I've got a set of 850 T5 injectors, will these be any use to you?
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 00:08   #25
jimathan

Yes thanks Mark, any and all are welcome. Someone will be in a rush for some one day and they will have you to thank for a quick service/exchange. PM sent
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 12:12   #26
pjay
peewee

Default injector cleaning

VOLVO 850 se 1995 mileage 125000
hi again jim, this is just to thank you most sincerely for the injector treatment and for letting me watch the whole process from start to finish, i was amazed at how bad 2 of my injectors were but thanks to your system of cleaning and testing and how it was done i have to say i thought it felt a little different when i drove away, but it came into it's own when i came into heavy traffic, no more juddering and lag when i touch the throttle, and the economy i now have has been great, before i was lucky to get around 22-23 in town, but it appears to be getting more like 27-30 and a lot smoother so it is a joy knowing that it is more affordable to run, i can't praise you enough, hope to keep in touch, once again many thanks jim, i can see your system being a godsend to all other users not only volvo but any injection system, i hope it works out for you, very best wishes - pete.
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 12:41   #27
jimathan

Thanks for that Pete. Hope you find the MUPET that re-shaped your back bumper.
Jim
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 13:06   #28
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Hi Jim im located in Chorley is it possible i could deliver my injectors to you direct?
Many thanks Tony
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 13:27   #29
jimathan

Yes tony, any time
Pm sent
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 19:53   #30
jimathan

Thumbs up Thanks

Can I just say a big thanks to strbryan for his donation of two sets of injectors, (orange & blue tops) cheers mate, much appreciated by all.
Jim
Closed Thread