Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone used Autodoc.co.uk

Views : 2045

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 8th, 2017, 12:51   #1
tony209
Master Member

Default Anyone used Autodoc.co.uk

Just found this site, very low prices but lots of negative feedback, mainly on delivery because dispite the web address, parts come from Germany. I don't mind the lengthy delivery times but a couple of reviews say that out of stock branded parts were substituted for their own cheap brand.
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2017, 13:48   #2
Mikew22

I used them two weeks ago with no problem, I ordered a set of Sachs shocks for my C70 and received them in 6 days. I received the correct parts and they were delivered by UPS with tracking.
Mikew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikew22 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 8th, 2017, 21:04   #3
Dancake
Premier Member

Used them a couple of times and had no problems. Even after postage their products still work out cheaper than most local suppliers.
Dancake is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dancake For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 19th, 2017, 22:51   #4
tony209
Master Member

Just an update on this, everything arrived OK and the branded parts I ordered. Placed order on a Friday, they dispatched following Thursday - a bit annoying, arrived at my local PF depot Saturday and delivered today (Monday) not too bad, I will be using again.
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 09:34   #5
patjordan

Default Untrustworthy

I purchased shock absorbers from this company a couple of months ago. I live in Australia and was planning a trip to Europe, so requested they forward them top my mechanic, who would fit them upon my return a month later. When he tried to fit one of the shocks he found it was not suitable for my make/brand of car. I contacted Autodoc and explained the situation, pointing out that I had used their search engine (detailing make, model, year of manufacture and power in KW. They informed me that their search engine is only 80% accurate. They then asked for the car's VIN number which they than agreed was not the correct part for the car. They had not requested the VIN when I purchased the items or informed me of the inaccuracy of their search tool. They refused to offer a refund or replacement, instead suggesting the correct parts which I could now buy from them.
Trust is a key element in purchasing products online - especially when such distances are involved. I was very disappointed with their response and unwillingness to help or recognise any element of fault on their part. I have now ordered the correct parts, but not from Autodoc - from a website whose returns policy is considerably more reliable/trustworthy, and with whom I have had more happy dealings - ebay!
patjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 12:53   #6
Petey80
Premier Member

I've used them once for discs all round on my V50.

6-10 days delivery due to coming from Germany, but as my parts were out of stock, took closer to 3 weeks. Web site wasn't updated with stock levels.

Thankfully they didn't send me alternative parts so was happy to receive the ATE Power Discs.

They were the cheapest I could find and as I wasn't in a rush for them, thought I'd give them a go.

I might use them again, not sure?

A lot of the time ECP and e-bay have all the bits I need for a reasonable price.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 16:15   #7
Dancake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patjordan View Post
I purchased shock absorbers from this company a couple of months ago. I live in Australia and was planning a trip to Europe, so requested they forward them top my mechanic, who would fit them upon my return a month later. When he tried to fit one of the shocks he found it was not suitable for my make/brand of car. I contacted Autodoc and explained the situation, pointing out that I had used their search engine (detailing make, model, year of manufacture and power in KW. They informed me that their search engine is only 80% accurate. They then asked for the car's VIN number which they than agreed was not the correct part for the car. They had not requested the VIN when I purchased the items or informed me of the inaccuracy of their search tool. They refused to offer a refund or replacement, instead suggesting the correct parts which I could now buy from them.
Trust is a key element in purchasing products online - especially when such distances are involved. I was very disappointed with their response and unwillingness to help or recognise any element of fault on their part. I have now ordered the correct parts, but not from Autodoc - from a website whose returns policy is considerably more reliable/trustworthy, and with whom I have had more happy dealings - ebay!
Im fairness you can't blame Autodoc for sending you the exact items that you ordered. It's up to you to verify the part numbers and suitability of the parts before ordering. If in doubt, Autodoc offer a vetification service using the vehicles VIN. I've used Autodoc numerous times since my last post, and I still maintain that they are a fantastic resource for parts.
Dancake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 17:39   #8
AndyV7o
Premier Member

Not used autodoc or buycarparts (same company) yet as I normally find what I need slightly cheaper on misterauto.co.uk, still from abroad and can take a few days to arrive, but not yet had anything supplied wrong or suspect. They once didnt have stock of something showing stock so I got a cancellation email.
Misterauto are owned by PSA group (peugeot/citroen).
AndyV7o is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyV7o For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 22nd, 2018, 18:20   #9
DSK
C70 T5

I have used them without issue several times in the last couple of years and will continue to use them when I cannot get what I want. I find their fitment details/data and range of brands to be far superior than Eurocarparts.

With the first order I was a bit nervous as delivery info and communications were in German which I had to use Google translate for.

As mentioned, just expect 7-10 days for delivery typically and you'l be fine.

2000 C70 T5 GT Coupe
1998 S70R / 1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
2007 Mercedes CLS 320 CDI / 2011 Mercedes S350 Bluetec
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000
DSK is offline   Reply With Quote