Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

RTI Sat Nav problem

Views : 2804

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 20th, 2011, 19:12   #1
DaveStroud

Default RTI Sat Nav problem

Have had a C70 for about 6 months on an 07 plate with the RTI satnav. All fine for a while then we had the bad weather in Novembr and it got buried in snow (literally) for about 10 days. Once thawed out the "On call - service required" message came on. I've yet to do anything about it other than ring the On Call centre and confirm they are not picking up the tracker signal. At the same time the sat nav went weird on me for about a week. I live in Nottingham, but the sat nav was putting my position about 30 miles West In Derbyshire. After a week the sat nav suddenly righted itself and I decided to live with the other problem until I have some time off work to take it in. This was until 2 weeks ago when the sat nav has started doing the same thing again, slightly further west this time about 40 miles from my actual location. If I put in a desination it shows it on the map at the right place. Everything else on the sat nav works perfectly.
Obviously the On Call and the sat nav are both GPS so I guess the problem could be linked? Just wanted to run it past you guys before I go to my localmain dealer and sign over my house and children for them to fix it.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Dave Stroud
DaveStroud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 14:04   #2
Marcel
Trader

Hi Dave,

We can check the Sat nav operation for you should you get stuck with main dealer, they would just want to replace it.

Central Services
Volvo radio service
188 Spring Road
Ipswich
Suffolk
IP45NR
01473 725953

regards Marcel
Marcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 18:47   #3
Piff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
Hi Dave,

We can check the Sat nav operation for you should you get stuck with main dealer, they would just want to replace it.

Central Services
Volvo radio service
188 Spring Road
Ipswich
Suffolk
IP45NR
01473 725953

regards Marcel
Do you also do Volvo phone systems?
Had a recent problem with "on call service required"
Main dealer replaced phone module and I contributed to cost.
Useful to know what services you offer as you are only about 10 miles away from me.
Piff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2011, 19:14   #4
blacklab

I have used Marcel for repairing my V50 cd changer, very good service!
blacklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 12:37   #5
DaveStroud

Yeah I have a built in phone which is working fine. I wondered if the fault might be in the GPS aerial? Would this explain both the Sat nav problem and the fact that the On Call tracker is not transmitting?

Will let you know.
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 12:38   #6
DaveStroud

Thanks for the offer Marcel - a bit far from me.
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 18:05   #7
Piff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piff View Post
Do you also do Volvo phone systems?
Had a recent problem with "on call service required"
Main dealer replaced phone module and I contributed to cost.
Useful to know what services you offer as you are only about 10 miles away from me.
Thanks for the pm Marcel. I will keep your details on file incase I need your services in the future.
Piff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 10:35   #8
ads001

I had a similar problem with mine last week (thought I was in a field near Bedford when I was on the M25), I thought it was due to it not picking up any Satellites and figured it might be due to he connection to the aerial as it is on the boot and might have loosened due to the boot being slammed shut. Anyway, I fiddled with the connection and also had a fiddle with the connections on the Sat Nav unit itself and it works fine now.
Having said that the display reckons I have 0 satellites yet it works ok.
ads001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 13:32   #9
DaveStroud

Thanks for that. I'm thinking connection as well or apparently there is a backup battery somewhere in the system that could be an issue as well. Will have a fiddle with any connections I can find tonite.
Cheers
Dave S
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 14:27   #10
tayandre

If you got the car from a Volvo dealer won't your used car warranty cover the sat nav repair?
tayandre is offline   Reply With Quote