Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Amazon owner in Edinburgh ??

Views : 1654

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 20th, 2008, 17:26   #1
Gavin122S

Default Amazon owner in Edinburgh ??

Hi all,

Does anyone here drive a dark coloured (black/dark blue) 122 in Edinburgh ??

I've spotted it driving West around tea time on a few occasions and it seems to be a daily driver. As I'm the owner of a 1967 red 122S, I'm interested to meet this person or exchange a few emails.

Please reply to this thread if you are this person or perhaps know them

Thanks!

Gavin
Gavin122S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2008, 17:36   #2
48pop

Hi Gavin,

Don't know the blue one, but I ocasionally make it thro to Edinburgh in my daily 1966,Red 122s, (which may have to go soon )

Cheers
Gerry
Old Oct 20th, 2008, 20:41   #3
austingipsy

I'm through sometimes but i suspect my faded blue and rust 122s is not the car in question. Actually this week Ive been changing the windscreen so said beastie is out of action in the back garden. usually to be found wafting round the back roads of perthshire and tayside...or being pushed depending on how it's running !
austingipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 10:12   #4
48pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by austingipsy View Post
... Actually this week Ive been changing the windscreen .........
Ahh, a job I have been putting off, new rubber is sitting here looking at me.....

Any tips based on recent experience?

I just refitted all glass in my Fiat 500 using the string method, was pretty straightforward...
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 11:25   #5
austingipsy

hi Gerry, the worst bit by far is getting the new rubber onto the screen, involves lots of wrestling ,swearing and a constant dread of impending doom !!
I had the screen on blankets on the living room floor for a bit of comfort ,better than scrambling around in a cold garage I imagine. (i don't have a garage so I have to imagine)
started with a corner and I just worked round locating the rubber but it does try to spring out and it gets progressively more vexing so slowly and calmly is the way to go. The last corner takes a good stretch so best wear gloves for that as its the point of maximum leverage so most likely to go pear shaped.

I'll post pics of the ordeal but have to wait till next week as I've got a film festival to run this week and it's madness!
austingipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 15:23   #6
222s
Amazoniste

AG - if you haven't already, it's worth putting plenty of sealant between the seal and the glass. My screen currently leaks in the front right corner of the screen, but between the glass and the seal rather than the body

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 17:08   #7
Moosejaw
Premier Member

I've been to Edinburgh a couple of times in my dark blue 133, but not recently, and certainly not on a daily basis.
And my screen leaks too....I keep a cat litter tray in the footwell beside the driver's door to catch the drips when it's parked up!
Moosejaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:11   #8
Gavin122S

Ahh, nice to see a few local'ish owners in any case. As my 122S is a weekend car (V70 being the daily driver) I keep it under a cover, however I don't think theres any leaks anywhere!

There *is* a growing list of small jobs which need done though, when I find time

I do plan to keep an eye on this forum though and read back through the topics before posting my questions and observations.
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 17:31   #9
grimjim67

My wife drives a greeny-white '66 221 estate into central Edinburgh everyday, except when it burns it's points out, in which case her 'spare' car is a white '71 MG Midget...
Incidently, does any-one know what the colour reference for greeny/bluey/ duck-egg'ish white is?
We're new to Volvo ownership, we bought the car in August and have since covered about 2.5k without mishap, except burnt out points.
grimjim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 23:45   #10
Gavin122S

Hi Vince, I've established who the mystery owner is.. however I've not spotted a 122 estate. They're pretty rare, right ?

I'm new to "old" Volvo ownership too, however have previously owned two 245GLTs and a 480ES, currently driving an ex-police V70 as my daily commuter.