Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 R design 2.0 its here!!

Views : 1903

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 1st, 2009, 21:29   #1
Dazzlev70r

Default V70 R design 2.0 its here!!

Ordered after advice from here in Feb its arrived!!

only 1 pic im afraid ill upload more tomorrow as i didnt pick it up until 5 pm

100 miles later ive a few opinions and mega confused as to set up
It has the bluetooth phone, now this was so worth the money, the quality of sound is like there in the car and people i spoke to report excellent quality there end
Comfort im not so sure on, the car i tested was a SE and the seats in mine are defiantely harder, the ride is more harder and bumpy but not to the point of uncomfortable
Now the power, the car had 6 miles on it when i collected it so to be fair its still all tight and a drag start shows revs going up and feels like you dont move but to be fair the speedo does move as well, the 6 speed box does seem a lot of gears as it goes
Underpowered? na far from it but if you want to race you have to keep the revs up, at 80MPH it sits around 2.5K in top gear and yes it picks up if you floor it although knock it down a gear and you got a good responce

Handling is a let down to be fair, i havent yet looked to see about the steering but whatever its set to is fine as it goes, on motorway it was perfect, through the lanes sorry its a big heavy car and it dont corner like the Audi or the mondeo as it goes

But ill work out what all the buttons do and post up
I have a problem after pairing my phone as it dont seem to transfer the phone book as yet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resized-P1010003.JPG (38.7 KB, 113 views)
Dazzlev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 08:57   #2
pethickd

Default V70 R design

I picked up my V70 R design 2 weeks ago.

Bluetooth ... same problem, phone (Nokia E51) paired OK but does not download phone book to the car. Tried pushing contacts manually one by one, but no joy. Have seem a different forum comment about needing to upgrade phone software to overcome this, but living with it for now. Let us know if you overcome this.

Car great on the motorway, I've now done 900 miles so far, but as you say, it's a big car and not best in the lanes. I previously had (still do till next week) an Audi A4 Avant that drove on rails, so difference is very noticeable, but the Audi I found less comfortable.

So far I'm generally pleased with the V70, though a bit disappointed with handling.

Only issue so far, getting headlight convertors for European driving (this weekend). No joy so far, waiting for Volvo tech centre to get back to me. Owners manaul has templates but other forum comments suggest don't put tape on the polycarbonate headlight glass.
pethickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:09   #3
Dazzlev70r

Theres a reason that continental covers are hard to find lol

nip to your dealers get them to show you how

There are 2 clips on each headlight easy to remove

Then theres a sort of switch you flick to make the headlights suit left hand driving
Our dealer showed me when i collected mine, it makes headlamps cheaper to manufacture in bulk rather than a limited few for RHD cars

Its definately a softer drive than my Audi (I had a S line) but noticebly harder than the SE
Handling for sure if rally driven i think it feels boatish but then to be fair were not meant to drive like that anyway but im realy liking this car now

Steering I did predict a problem as I fancied speed dependant but sitting here thinking Volvo should realy be able to set the drive of the car up better than i can lol
I wouldnt call the 2.0 underpowered either, if you hold the revs up its perfectly able, I do wonder though if this would of been better having a 5 speed gearbox though, the ratios are good but I do wonder why cars have so many gears
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:36   #4
pethickd

Checked with dealer. The switch option only applies to Bi-Xenon headlamps not standard halogen, which I've got. They had same problem with another customer recently. Only solution they offer is follow the masking pattern template in owners manual and use suitable (whatever that is) adhesive tape.

No headlight protectors or conversion kits available.

Unimpressed. Black insulating tape here I come!
pethickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2009, 20:06   #5
Dazzlev70r

Give the Norwich branch a ring on 01603 787555

They have the new V70 headlamp protector with European converters in stock for i think it was £30

When i picked mine up i went to buy one when the dealer informed me i didnt need them

No idea if they post as it goes, if you get stuck mail me as im down there regular ill pick them up for you n post them
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 11:28   #6
murtonia97-940

After similar discussion back in February/March we ordered a V70 R-design Diesel manual. It arrived exactly on the date the dealer said it would.

Bit disappointed that the petrol flap bodywork cover came off in OH hand within ten minutes of driving off dealers car park. (six miles down the road and the first service station). Drove back and they fitted it properly - no problem since.

Driving a manual after 15/20 years of auto proved interesting. First couple of days of shouting gears, clutch when we slowed down or approached a roundabout. Like the six gears.

Love the power break. Garage didnt mention that you had to have the seat belt on nor the revs to get it to disengage, but you live and learn. One comment is that it could be placed in a better location.

Colour seashell fabulous. Seats like arm chairs. Total different ride/cornering to my 1997/8 940 (31000 genuine miles).

Good decission all round. (I am keeping my 940 as well)
murtonia97-940 is offline   Reply With Quote