Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Half leather ?

Views : 446

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 6th, 2018, 21:05   #1
griston64
Premier Member

Default Half leather ?

Thinking of swapping my cloth seats for 1/2 leather and I've seen a set in grey. My current seats are a kind of grey ( I think its called tricot grey )cloth and black leather seems pretty hard to come by

Just wondered what thoughts are on the half leather and whether grey will look ok against the black dash and door cards ? I could get the grey doorcards but think that might look even more odd

Cheers
griston64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 14:08   #2
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

It's all down to personal taste but they can look good. I know of one member that recoloured some black leather seats to have grey inset panels (outer were left black as i recall, it was a while ago) as his original interior was grey, i'll ask him if he's still got the photos, might give you a better idea what to expect.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 16:58   #3
827Roverman
VOC Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
thinking of swapping my cloth seats for 1/2 leather and i've seen a set in grey. My current seats are a kind of grey ( i think its called tricot grey )cloth and black leather seems pretty hard to come by

just wondered what thoughts are on the half leather and whether grey will look ok against the black dash and door cards ? I could get the grey doorcards but think that might look even more odd

cheers
i bought some second hand leater seats in a very light grey and re-coloured them in two tone grey and black, if you look at my post on page 18 dated june 3rd you will see what i did, hope its of help to you, david.
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 827Roverman For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 18:05   #4
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
i bought some second hand leater seats in a very light grey and re-coloured them in two tone grey and black, if you look at my post on page 18 dated june 3rd you will see what i did, hope its of help to you, david.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=282503

Link to the relevant thread!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 18:54   #5
griston64
Premier Member

That actually makes me think the grey doorcards that go with the half leather seats would be ok with my black upper and lower dash

Thanks for that
griston64 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 19:44   #6
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

You're welcome - when David was thinking of doing it, he had a very clear idea of what he wanted and explained it to me, i knew it would work well and encouraged him.

Hopefully you can visualise the half-leather seats - i'm not familiar with them but it's definitely food for thought!

The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 20:10   #7
rwdkev
VOC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Many thanks for sharing that Dave. I missed this first time around....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
i bought some second hand leater seats in a very light grey and re-coloured them in two tone grey and black.....
They look smashing David. They are the "ruched" leather style (from a 960 mk2) rather than the "standard" leather seen in various models. I can see a lot of hard work has gone into that interior refurb. Door cards look superb as well because i) they're not wrinkled!! ii) that new inlay material works well
rwdkev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rwdkev For This Useful Post: