Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What did you do to your S80/V70/XC70 today?

Views : 519890

Replies : 485

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 10th, 2024, 11:05   #481
Daim
Brit in Germany

The mandatory tail light modification has also been done... Amazing what a bit more of light in the rear does to the appearance.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daim For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 12th, 2024, 13:59   #482
Andmurph

MOT passed at second attempt. Failed first time as rear indicator bulbs weren’t orange enough.
Koni Active shock absorbers
Andmurph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2024, 17:53   #483
Kev0607
Premier Member

Ordered some parts for my Dad's P3 V70... new rear trailing arm bushes (Meyle) and front control arms (also Meyle).

A garage is going to do the labour and the alignment. I haven't got the press tool required for the trailing arms, and being honest, I don't fancy doing this job outside in the cold/rain. The garage at home is full, so no option to do it inside.
Old Mar 13th, 2024, 13:33   #484
Andmurph

Default New Boots

Four new Michelin Primacy 4+ tyres in 225/59r17 98 Y . Initially they are far quieter than the very old Dunlop WinterSport 5’s that they are replacing and have significantly better dry grip.

Hopefully they’ll wear well. I’m annoyed the fitter at Protyre in Taunton hammered in clip on balance weights to my recently refurbished wheels. I’ll not be going there again!
Koni Active shock absorbers
Andmurph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 00:41   #485
SignumGB
XC70 Owner/VOC Member

Default Fixes and new tyres!

Car was at the garage for a couple of days, picked up today and left with an empty wallet. Nevertheless, work that needed done and even with no such thing as a MOT here, I still maintain that standard throughout.

Anyway, the following got done:
  • 2x front control arm replacement
  • Front brake caliper lubrication
  • Differential flush with new fluid and new axle seals
  • PCV and vacuum air pump replacement
  • Winter tyres replaced with 4x Michelin Cross Climates
  • Wheel alignment

Oh and mail arrived from home which included a classic looking 'GB' Country identifier. I am not a fan of the UK ones...I read somewhere it was Bojo who instigated this change!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240320_205050045_iOS.jpg (218.1 KB, 7 views)

2012 Volvo XC70 3.0L AWD T6 [CAN🍁]
2015 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D4 SE LUX - Sold 78,728 Miles (July 2023) [GB]
2012 Volvo XC70 2.4L AWD D3 SE LUX - Written off 76,500 Miles (Aug 2017)[GB]
SignumGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 19:29   #486
Daim
Brit in Germany

Actually been at this one for a little while now...

I wanted to replace the dial faces/gauge faces as the standard ones look a little boring. So, first went the VParts gauges. The fit is fine and it looks nice but they reflect too much. It also f**ks up the lighting around the edges... Not my cup of tea. So, I ordered some from a company in Poland, bit smaller (as the VParts ones are useable in all round dial setups but are mainly made for the V70/S80 made before the first facelift in 2010), same size as the original grey/bronze gauges. They were "okay" but I removed them as the center ring doesn't fit (material is too thick) and the lettering looked off.

In the end I refitted the orinal bronze/grey faces and looked for an R-Design cluster. Found one and thought I could get around taking it apart. Nope. Car wouldn't accept it. So I took it apart and replaced even more parts... In the end, my old gauge has now had 4 different looks in the last few weeks and the R-Design ones are just the best choice... Btw., don't use the VParts method of changing the dials... They come apart a lot easier!

Standard V70/S80/XC60/V60/S60 gauges as we all know them:

VParts faces installed:

They look nice at night but so dazzle a lot (hard to tell):

Top: Vparts, middle: Original, bottom: cheapos from Ebay

R-Design in the end and I like the look more:

The Following User Says Thank You to Daim For This Useful Post: