Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FOR SALE - 2001 V70 T5 300bhp - LPG Converted

Views : 7149

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2011, 10:23   #11
Gareth83

well I've put a deposit down on an Alpina B10 which I should hopefully be picking up in the next two weeks, I will PM you my number.

Thanks
Gareth83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 15:34   #12
Beavis
Premier Member

Hi Gareth83,

sorry to hijack your thread......does the remap make much difference to the power? i'm considering getting my S60 T5 Geartronic done.

regards

Stuart
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 19:26   #13
Quirrel

Cheers Gareth, got your PM.
Quirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 22:03   #14
Gareth83

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuT4 View Post
Hi Gareth83,

sorry to hijack your thread......does the remap make much difference to the power? i'm considering getting my S60 T5 Geartronic done.

regards

Stuart
I'm not sure because it was all carried out by the previous owner (Al off this forum) all I know is when I drove it it was far quicker than the previous T5's I had test drove so snapped it up!
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 23:30   #15
Temeraire
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth83 View Post
The car will run on either.

It starts on petrol, once the engine reaches 20degC it switches automatically to LPG, normally about 30-40secs after start up from cold or 2 or 3 secs if engine already warm.

You can switch from one to the other at the flick of a switch.

It will also automatically switch to petrol if the LPG runs out.

Make me an offer as I have a deposit put down on a very rare BMW
Hi Gareth,

Just to let you know - the car's not quite the spec I'm looking for. But, make no mistake, I think it's a fine car, and I really like the LPG conversion. Thank you very much for your answers to my questions, they're much appreciated.

Temeraire
Temeraire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 22:50   #16
Gareth83

no problem. I'll be picking this up soon:

I'm not desperate to sell as I have a multi-car policy anyway but could do with freeing up some cash
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 21:13   #17
Gareth83

is the T5 priced too high? Why the lack of interest on such car? Wrong time of year? Etc.
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 21:20   #18
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

if i had the money mate i would be snapping your hand off, i think its just a case of large engine and modified tbh
deathrider311271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 08:05   #19
Quirrel

As a prospective buyer for a car this is how I am looking at your advert.

First - You are telling me how much your car is worth because of things you have spent money on. As a person who is looking into this type of car, I am aware of the ballpark figure for that age and specification.
It also means you have already set out in my mind, that you aren't really open for any negotation on the price.

Next we have the bits that have been fixed on it. It's great they have been and it increases my interest in the car knowing that I don't have to worry about some common fault areas and potentially a small increase in price would be in order, but what would you have done if the car hadn't had these parts fixed? It would be worth significantly less than book price.

Modifications - never really add value to a car. All cars have suspension, an ecu etc. If the previous owner modified them it makes people worry that it has been ragged, it now needs declaring to the insurance company and were they fitted properly.

Wheels though, can add some value, and you have lovely wheels.

The LPG kit, again is a great bit of kit, but again you are telling me what it's worth and challenging me to find one for cheaper than xxxx.
That makes me look at other V70s with no LPG and price them up with kits to see how much they are.

All of a sudden lots of cars become available.

Finally, the fault in the door, might be nothing to you, but to me, it's a fault I need to get fixed, which is money out of my pocket. Also makes me wonder what else hasn't been done because it was seen as not a problem.

You can read all that and think I'm a complete b***tard for writing it, but as someone on the hunt for a new car, that is my way of thinking. Might be unique, might not.
Quirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quirrel For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 21:49   #20
Gareth83

Alpina now collected, car will be up for sale on Pistonheads, gumtree, ebay this Thursday.

Thanks